Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Silhouette Shoot

Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silhouette Shoot

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 22 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 22 mm

Exposure: 1 sec (1)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
Flickr
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

#1 is the most believable of the set IMO. The leg that's protruding looks a bit like a stump. The repetition of the lights along the hallway are interesting, I'd like to have been able to see what was at the end of the hallway because the lights and the vanishing point lead my eyes down that way.

#2 is a bit cluttered for my liking. The pillar, garbage can and bench are all distracting. The pose is a bit weird - in the first picture I can imagine that the guy is waiting for someone that's inside the building - in this second one I can't picture what this guy is doing. When I shoot something like this I try to think "Why is this person standing the way that they're standing?" and adjust accordingly. Think about the message you're trying to send and adjust accordingly. Also, too much black space at the top for my liking. The stray lines up there have me looking and wondering what's up there rather than looking at this mystery man. Tighter crop might work better.

#3 Okay, here's a tighter crop, great minds think alike. With this picture, the hands are lost a little bit but that's okay because now the pose doesn't seem as weird. The top-down light is pretty cool in all of these, but I think this one takes advantage of it the most. The one thing I see that could improve this one greatly would have been to move under one of the lights that's not so close to the corner/edge. That would provide a nice texture across the background and isolate your subject. I may have tried a crop/composition that include the light at the top, feet at the bottom and everything inbetween... but nothing else. (Does that make sense?)

Just some thoughts, hope they help. It's cool to see someone doing something different, cars and cars and cars get old sometimes.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 AM

i REALLY appreciate your C&C! eXACtly what i was looking for

this was my first time trying this style of photography... pretty interesting. this kind of pix are the ones that CALL for a remote trigger. it would've saved LOTS of time.

once again, thnx for taking your time and pitching your 2cents

Flickr
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

No problem, happy to help.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 AM

might just try some more today... i'll see

Flickr