Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

My HIN Photos

Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by btuner
i guess i just don't get that "lifestyle"
Your not the only one...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by btuner
How is any of that original if there's a check list of parts that you have to have to be in a certain class "show cars" look exactly the same as they did 5 years ago, nothing has changed i guess i just don't get that "lifestyle"
There are 3 differnt style lambo doors, there is also a million ways to go with audio. You have a billion differnt colors to paint your car.

You have a choice from cheap rent a wheel, wheels to high end class A wheels such as volks.

You can mod the wheels like the guy has in both 350z wheels.

You can pick from carbon fiber / painting the carbon fiber like Dan with the blue Celica has.

Being diff has nothing to do with a check list. Every car must have audio, nice wheels, and something to draw your eyes to like the Lex above...

They don't tell you to do that but once again its based on points...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Heavy Artillery Co.

Nice shots... The lighting was really bad in some areas to where I just gave up completely on taking pictures of the cars... But I have ALOT of modeling pics...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by IncredibleHulk
is that first one a boosted gs300?
Yes thats a GS300 with a 2JZ-GTE swap running stock twins. Very clean car. The points system is stupid, all the cars actually competing end up looking retarded.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Fun-Sized

Originally Posted by Kirk
Yes thats a GS300 with a 2JZ-GTE swap running stock twins. Very clean car. The points system is stupid, all the cars actually competing end up looking retarded.
Yeah that GS has been around for a LONG time and hasnt changed a bit. Cool guy though.

That whole points system just encourages tackiness. There is absolutely NOTHING appealing nor tasteful about the cars that meet all the criteria.

95 / RSP / 6spd / GT42 / AEM EMS / HKS 272s
www.theboostlab.com
Old 07-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Balut Delivery EF1

Originally Posted by kaluwa
Yeah they definitely need to better define their "mild" and "wild" class.
Read the rule book.

And cars also gets reclassified when they're getting judged as the judges see more/less parts (from where the car is originally classified) along the way.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 AM

Well me and my buddies from ITCC were put in the mild class and we definitely deserve it. Yet right behind us was an SUV with fiberglass everything, and a freaking water tubes with bubbles in it. I mean even the cars with the turbos and chrome and stuff were put into the mild class.

I actually thought when I saw them put us down as mild we had a chance, but it seemed like EVERYONE was in mild except a couple of people.

I would love to see the rule book .
Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Captain Catastrophe

I don't get the car show thing.

Put all that cash into a car so you can park it in parking lots and convention centers to have people tell you whether or not it looks good. Most people with nice show cars are even paranoid to drive them on the street so they don't wreck them before their next "show". What's the point?

Not hating, just saying I don't get it.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:28 AM
11 second club

rice...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Kyle
I don't get the car show thing.

Put all that cash into a car so you can park it in parking lots and convention centers to have people tell you whether or not it looks good. Most people with nice show cars are even paranoid to drive them on the street so they don't wreck them before their next "show". What's the point?

Not hating, just saying I don't get it.
I know what you mean. I cant tell you how many cars I saw at HIN that people flat bedded them in, and some even went as far as too push the car in and not start it. I enjoy driving my car around, I mean it has 70k miles on it now. My theory is if I cant drive the car, I cant enjoy the car. BTW when I told the judge how many miles were on my car he had me repeat myself, LOL.

P.S.- I am seeing cars in the pictures here that I didnt actually see in the forum, awesome, keep it up