Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

New paint job from Pure kustoms

Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 PM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New paint job from Pure kustoms

This one has been done for a few weeks but I did not have the time to post it.

1984 chevy stepside. Body was completely destroyed in my opinion with damage everywhere, the deal I had with this guy is that he does most of the prep work, by that I mean that he does most of the washing and masking it off after I put on the fine tape lines and just help me out with whatever.

Bad thing is that we did not have nearly enough time to do all the body work so he set out the major spots that he wanted fixed and then I added about another dozen, the overall end product looks a hundred times better then it was but it still could have been alot better in my opinion but there are alot of jobs that I do that I feel the same way about but you have to go with what the customers budget is.

So on with the pics!

( I have not had a chance to get really good finish pics because I am in the process of doing a car for one of our TR members but I will try to get some soon, I do have some on my phone but the quality is not that great so when I get good ones I will just update this thread and bump it so please check back! )

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 PM

looks a little hazy.... did it have enough time for the solvents to release before the outer layer dried?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:24 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

^ yeah it dried but the pics are from my phone and it is parked in a dirt driveway if you notice.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 AM
refinish artist

Sucks when you have to work within a customers budget.Looks good though brother.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 AM

oh i see.... like 351 said it does suck working on there budget
Old 09-11-2010, 05:32 PM

i think it looks good.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Nice work... I am doing an all over on a CRX right now and I have the same problem. Tight budget. But you find yourself fixing little things cause when your a painter your a perfectionist. Its just in your nature... I have fixed way more than my customers budget but sometimes you just suck it up, paint on and wait for their smile when the pick up the car! That makes it worth it! LOL

NICE WORK THOUGH....
Old 09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

^thank you sir, and everyone else for the kind words, but back on to big blue since you are new to this forum I thank you for not trashing other painters work and from what I am hearing you do some damn good work! keep it up and let us see some recent jobs when you get a chance.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Hey, No problem. I will post some pics up of the CRX that I am painting right now. Should have it finished by tomorrow night. I love painting. And I love to see other peoples work. Painting is not easy and it is hard work. So anyone doing some good work deserves good feedback. I will post some more pics of my work. I used to have a nice portfolio but cpu crashed. Lost all the pics. I used to do a lot of custom work for a shop in Northern VA. The shop was DTM. German performance shop. I painted more allover M3's than I can remember or count. Loved it and they paid good. Miss that shop...

And by the way, that truck came out very nice for the condition it was in before you started. I have painted older vehicles before and they are a handful and a half! SO PROPS!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:44 PM
TR Shop Mod

budget sux, cuz u want ur name on the job, but not wen u know u coulda done better. love the met black !