Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

New Paint

Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Crim de la Crim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Paint

I got a 00 Accord not to long ago and it needs a lot of work. It already has some modifications to it. What it really needs right now is a paint job.You can tell by the pictures it has some really bad oxidation and paint coming off cause of the heat. I was looking into getting a fade paint job, black to the green color it already is. Much like this except without those colors:

So I was wondering if their would be any down falls to this, your opinions on it, if you got any better ideas, any place youd recommend for this, and about how much it may cost.

My Car:

(My neighbor has a pretty sexy jeep but just ignore it for the moment)
Old 04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

that is an interesting paint job, i myself dont really care for fades but that is not that bad, for the accord though i dont think it would look right with the body lines, maybe a two tone?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Crim de la Crim

Originally Posted by pure_kustoms
that is an interesting paint job, i myself dont really care for fades but that is not that bad, for the accord though i dont think it would look right with the body lines, maybe a two tone?
Yeah, i thought about a two tone, like a silver-black tone. not sure yet but i got a week to decide.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Crim de la Crim

O yeah do you or anyone else know if maaco does things like two tones and if they charge for more then a 1 color if they do?
...just curious
Old 04-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Painter Extrodionaire

Downfall of good fade job like that= Price! It would not be cheap to do that the right way.

Working with 15+ years of Professional experience,PM me for Price Estimates & Location.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

^+1, you have to get a fade job done exact! it will either look the way it should or like crap, there is no in between. and macco more then likely do it and charge more but any painter will charge more for two colors.