Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

It's Time To Put Up Or Shut Up!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hybrid_Ej1
Nope no lying here i still have the recepiet from the paint job.
I was being sarcastic. I'm the guy that started this whole thing by saying Maaco did a good job for me.

I was being sarcastic. Some guys accused me of being a shill for Maaco. One guy said I had to be a Maaco employee. So I decided to rib them a little.

The pics of your paint job gives me more faith that I made a good decision no matter what some of these dudes say.

Which one did you get? I got the Signature Series and paid a little extra for the "Value Prep" package. Business is real slow before and after Christmas and they cut me a real good deal.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:15 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

1- try getting closer to the car and when it is not 6:00 at night so we can really see,

2- pics of a white car are not going to do it justice, i.e. the QUALITY of the job,..

and keep being "sarcastic" being that you are that old and you know every thing and stop acting like you are some rice running 18 year old,.
and again you are the one that asked advice from the pro's
listen to guys like killer mike and old school if you did not want to take mine,..
We were trying to help you,,,, ( see link on the first page that i posted )
and you are just lashing out because you more then likely could have had it cleaned, if you "bitch" enough like you said you did then you could have had them do something they do not normally do....
Old 12-19-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by pure_kustoms

and keep being "sarcastic" being that you are that old and you know every thing and stop acting like you are some rice running 18 year old,.
and again you are the one that asked advice from the pro's
listen to guys like killer mike and old school if you did not want to take mine,..
We were trying to help you,,,, ( see link on the first page that i posted )
and you are just lashing out because you more then likely could have had it cleaned, if you "bitch" enough like you said you did then you could have had them do something they do not normally do....
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you shitfaced so early on a Saturday?

You saying I ate some bad rice and I got the runs?

Whatsa matter? You drinking early because you had to re-paint the last three cars you worked on because the owners puked on the floor when they saw what you did to their cars?

And how the hell can you say something about me bitching and them doing stuff they don't normally do, when you have no idea which Maaco did the job or anything else?

Oh yeah. I forgot. You are familiar with every Maaco store in Florida, everyone that works in them and the quality of work they perform. How could I forget that?

Bitch at 'em? I fed those boys homemade coffe cake, chocolate chip cookies and other good stuff. We all got along great.

Bitch this.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...-94-camry.html

here is the link, this is what started it all, this poor consumer asking for advice,.
what about the bet??
Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 AM

1- try getting closer to the car and when it is not 6:00 at night so we can really see,
Tell me what kind of pictures to shoot and how you want me to shoot them. You know I'll do it.

It's my wife's work car and she's working 6am - 6shared_pm today, tomorrow and Monday. I'll take the pics Tuesday, OK?

You better hope she doesn't pull you over today. The way you talk, you gotta be drunk.

Let's up my petty bet to $500. Is that serious enough money for ya?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:36 AM

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...-94-camry.html

here is the link, this is what started it all, this poor consumer asking for advice
The shit hit the fan when people started generalizing about all Maacos.

You can't just say each and every Maaco sucks. it just ain't true. It's as simple as that.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

Originally Posted by mickey
The shit hit the fan when people started generalizing about all Maacos.

You can't just say each and every Maaco sucks. it just ain't true. It's as simple as that.

then take it to a real paint shop and let them decide if it was a good long lasting job,.... and yes they use crap clear and reducers and activator which is the stuff that make the paint work,, but you already know that..
Old 12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

and also you are one of two or three out of these posts that are happy, good for you, if you want adamn nice job Maaco is not the place.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 AM

,.... and yes they use crap clear and reducers and activator which is the stuff that make the paint work,, but you already know that..
So I guess this guy, for some unknown reason, is BSing us all?

You say they use crap clear and reducers and activator BUT this other man says they use ... "either Nason or DuPont Chromabase."

I'm sure some Maaco's use crap... just as I'm sure others use good quality materials. You don't seem to get this. And this is what this whole thing is about. Not all Maacos are the same.

Originally Posted by SneezinCD5
It all depends on which one you goto. I was a painter for the one in Ocala and as stated before, I was pretty impressed. Its true that they don't take anything off the car but as far as painting stickers and whatnot, I have never seen that. They sanded the car with 400-500 on a DA. Didn't even think they would go that far. Once it was in the booth, EVERY car was wiped with wax/grease remover and then wiped with a tack cloth. After that sealer/base/clear was applied unless you got the special which was a urethane. Everything was either Nason or DuPont Chromabase. Im not saying that they are the beat but I have see some REALLY poor quality paintjobs roll out of other local shops and the people paid $2000+. If you prep it yourself and remove everything, I see no problem getting you car painted at Maaco. They are all different and owned by different people so I am only speaking for the one I worked at.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Did they give you the senor citizens discount? hahahaha JK