Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

really want to learn

Old 11-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really want to learn

Hey guyz. I love painting things and lately i have been thinking about learning how to paint bigger things with a compressore such as cars and what not. I have a compressor, spray gun. I have done a lot of research and i just cant seem to find what im looking for. I know how to prep the car as far as sanding and priming and such but my confusion comes in with what kind of paint to buy and how to thin it for the gun. Im so confused about that. my gun has a 1.7mm adjustable tip. If anyone can help me out with what kind of paint brand to go with and where to guy the paint and clear and stuff that would be great. Also like how exactly to thin it out and make the paint ready just to pour it into the gun and shoot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would alos love to hang out a shop if anyone has one just to watch to see how it is done. I live in the brandon area.

thank you
Chris

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 04
Old 11-20-2009, 08:59 PM

also help with the setting on the gun would be great.

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 04
Old 11-21-2009, 07:17 AM
"Non Silba Sed Anthar"

look for a paint store that sells good paint. i.e. ppg or shop line or somthing like that.
ask them, as far as your mixing they will help you and you can get a ratio cup, it has prints on it for you different ratios i.e. 4:1 2:1 and so on. i just bought a colmet spray booth and we are putting it up today, bad thing is i am about 45 min west of gainesville on u.s. 19 about 2 hours from you, if you ever want to make the trip let me know and you are more then welcome to come see how it is done.
hope this helps
good luck...............

john
Old 11-22-2009, 12:40 PM

check out finish master or refinish line best paint shops in the bay area imo