Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

getting into autobody scene

Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting into autobody scene

hey guys just some things ive painted so far im attending hcc's autobody collision program and their taking baby steps before they let us work on cars so this is how ive kept buisy

my welding helmet i did the marble affect

my friend had 4 spare helmets in his garage so i made him a track helmet for his cobra

my friends helmet

my valve cover

another friend that just wanted his scuffed up black hjc helmet blue

bondooooo

Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Mr. King K

Not bad bro maybe you can work on my shitt for extra credit lol you know build up shop hours lol.. good job tho keep it up!!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by kkracing
Not bad bro maybe you can work on my shitt for extra credit lol you know build up shop hours lol.. good job tho keep it up!!
thanks yea i have like 10 cars lined up waiting to get worked on and painted
Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

The correct term is Body Filler, bondo is a brand! lol

the car looks good, its too bad you will prolly end up having to use the panel in a can like that in real life, instead of replacing the panels. Good luck, it is a very tough industry.

Out of all the classes and kids that attended i only know of 5 or 6 that are actually working in shops.

Lethal Fab
Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
The correct term is Body Filler, bondo is a brand! lol

the car looks good, its too bad you will prolly end up having to use the panel in a can like that in real life, instead of replacing the panels. Good luck, it is a very tough industry.

Out of all the classes and kids that attended i only know of 5 or 6 that are actually working in shops.
Lol, I only know of 5 or 6 that are even qualified to work on vehicles that will go back on the road.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM

im doing it more for fun and a hobby ill most likly continue my aviaion tech carrier when i finish this program i just like painting ^^ both your guy's work is good from what ive seen on here
Old 11-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Bori300

ur the guy with the 240 right??? i attended hcc last year jeff is a kool dude and so is bueno.. and ur 240s sick

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #55
Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 AM

Mess with my buddys purple fox yet ;P lol i heard about ya.
haha.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Originally Posted by importguy1208
Lol, I only know of 5 or 6 that are even qualified to work on vehicles that will go back on the road.
You are 100% Correct on that one, over the short 5 or 6 years that i have been in shops and all the techs that i have met, i would only let 2 or 3 of them even think about working on my car Its the sad and scary truth. Now I think that if shops paid a good salary instead of flat rate some may slow down a bit and try harder, but then again there is always someone that is going to hack em out.

What is even more scary is that i have see people fix cars in exactly the same manner as that little model has been fixed

Lethal Fab
Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Wide Open and Sideways!

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
You are 100% Correct on that one, over the short 5 or 6 years that i have been in shops and all the techs that i have met, i would only let 2 or 3 of them even think about working on my car Its the sad and scary truth. Now I think that if shops paid a good salary instead of flat rate some may slow down a bit and try harder, but then again there is always someone that is going to hack em out.

What is even more scary is that i have see people fix cars in exactly the same manner as that little model has been fixed
It is indeed a sad sad world we live in.

Right now I have a 1974 Triumph Spitfire in the shop and it was repainted at a college body shop class. Seriously I think there are three gallons of bondo in it.

I plan on posting some pictures up soon so everyone can be aware of what may lurk under their paint job if it comes from a body shop "class" or even one of the shops that just worries about how fast they can get them in and out.

I agree with you some what on the salary thing but at the same time in most jobs there is plenty of book time to do the job right and still get it done faster than what the quoted time is. I'd rather make a little less and do a job right than half-ass it and have a little more dough in my pocket.

Just something about knowing it got fixed the way it was supposed to that lets me sleep better at night.

Rant over.