Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

restoring the hearse (stage 1), rust, the roof

Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 PM
slash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default restoring the hearse (stage 1), rust, the roof

i have a 79 cadillac m&m endloader and we're in the beginning stages of restoring her. we're starting w/the roof, or at least that and all the other rusty areas, but the roof is the worse part and biggest. took off the landau roof covering bc we could tell there was a lot of rust under there......which theres a ton of it. anyways, we like the look of the vinyl roof but it seems like the vinyl had helped a lot with the rust so we're thinking of putting something different back on there that would maybe withstand a little more time, more durable. we're pretty much set on using a bed liner material bc we think it would give us the material type texture and it would be kind of cool, different, and durable. wanted some input or to see if anyone else had any other ideas. we don't really have any money to spend on this except for what we have to spend on materials. also, if anyone has any pics of roofs done w/spray on bed liner i'd appreciate it. and i'm assuming it'll stick to the body work we're going to have to do to fix the holes in the roof right?

heres a pic of her, so you can see its going to be a big job!

more up close of the roof, you can see the rust under the vinyl here better

and i'll have to take pics of the rust under it now that the vinyls off, if anyone even cares or responds to this... thanks in advance for those who do!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Mark G

lol not something i'd want to take on, but I love to see restorations
Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
refinish artist

Sweet project!!!My dad told me when he was younger,him and his buddies souped up a 60's Caddy hurst.They would roll around and stop at lights and open the back door push the coffin out and one of them would jump out and freak the shit out of the people in the car behind them.Funny shit!!!Try that shit today and you'd go to jail.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
slash

lol thanks..... i've always wanted to get a hearse and do something cool with it and so has my husband. his grandpa actually had one too. yeah, you dont really need to do much to freak people out in it, we get all kinds of crazy looks, reactions, questions and comments just driving around.

its a bit overwhelming right now and i'm a procrastinator so we just need to jump on this and knock out the rust and just start from there. i'll have to post more pics....later...
TRick Squad Member #3

Old 08-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Ryding what else

You got a casket in that thing?,
Old 08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
slash

we have a home made coffin that came with it..... we want a real casket though. neonnight was supposed to help me out with that but he is ignoring me for some reason. why, you've got a used one we can have? we also need the casket stops so it doesnt slide around on the rollers while we drive.
TRick Squad Member #3

Old 08-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Ryding what else

I'm sure I could dig one up but might have some bonz in it
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
January - Ride of the Month

Post pics of the progress.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
slash

at gryde

work has gotten a little delayed. one of those freak storms that came thru damaged our pine tree in the back of our house, so we're now having to deal with that. we've been working on cutting the damaged parts down before they fall on our fence. we're almost done with that today. ....the plan was to work on the hearse these past couple days. he did get the heads off the motor we're rebuilding to put in there though, i can take pics of that!
TRick Squad Member #3

Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

wtf? whered this come from.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.