Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Cheap paint jobs!!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Shooting For 14's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, not everyone will spend 3k on a paint job. I believe bottom line is you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to materials. I am getting ready to have my car painted and to me its not worth doing if you dont do it right. But everyone has there own definition as to what is right for their car................
Old 09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Drives a cowboy corvette

just got mine back today .. looks fantastic!
thanks oldschool
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 PM

this thread is awesome....just so you know.

I got mixed emotions about this thread...I agree with Mike but I can understand Oldschools situation....times are tough.

But heres my problem with doing work so cheap. You are bringing the average down across the board for our industry. Its shops cutting the price on each other that is driving the insurance companies to give us less and less per estimate and even worse on customer pay shit.

I got to tell you....Mike your shop and mine....we probably shouldnt be posting here due to the average amount of money paid per paint job. You guys thought Mike's prices were high...probably shouldn't ask me what I charge....I just finished up a 12k paint job.

With that said I also just finished up some collision work that was less than 400.00 my point is this. If you are looking for something cheap that is fine but do not expect to get the same quality of work in a 1000 dollar job than a 3k job. so know what you are getting your self into.

About materials. Dude if you want to do a job with cheap stuff than thats fine but thats up to you. I will not do it.

so lets stop bickering about this and let Old school do what he has to do but I do think you could possibly be hurting some other guys out there by cutting prices.

josh
"Diamonds are forever!"
Old 09-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Boo Fucking Hoo. He's understanding that not everybody has 3k in this market. He's understanding that 3k is too much for a daily driver. Who spends 3000$ on a DAILY DRIVEN car? Rain, Dirty, Chips in paint, etc. These cars you paint are weekenders or are driven once a month. Either that or they are 50,000$ cars or people that are over 30 years old and have good jobs. Whatever be the case, Oldschool does good work for what he charges IMO.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Shooting For 14's

Originally Posted by Hellfire_Studios

I got mixed emotions about this thread...I agree with Mike but I can understand Oldschools situation....times are tough.

But heres my problem with doing work so cheap. You are bringing the average down across the board for our industry. Its shops cutting the price on each other that is driving the insurance companies to give us less and less per estimate and even worse on customer pay shit.

I got to tell you....Mike your shop and mine....we probably shouldnt be posting here due to the average amount of money paid per paint job. You guys thought Mike's prices were high...probably shouldn't ask me what I charge....I just finished up a 12k paint job.

With that said I also just finished up some collision work that was less than 400.00 my point is this. If you are looking for something cheap that is fine but do not expect to get the same quality of work in a 1000 dollar job than a 3k job. so know what you are getting your self into.

About materials. Dude if you want to do a job with cheap stuff than thats fine but thats up to you. I will not do it.

so lets stop bickering about this and let Old school do what he has to do but I do think you could possibly be hurting some other guys out there by cutting prices.

josh
By the way ^ is going to paint mine when I get off my ass and finish it LOL
Old 09-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Painter Extrodionaire

josh
I dont do insurance work. I really want to stay out of the way of real shops. Just trying to survive until we can move back to Tampa.

Working with 15+ years of Professional experience,PM me for Price Estimates & Location.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:28 PM
1sicbu

Get That Money Homie.fuck What Everyone Think's.this Is A Cut Throat Busniess.i Dont Have A Problem Cutting Anyone's Throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM

^ Your a tool!

Oldschool, like I said do your thing.....I can understand your situation.

Josh
"Diamonds are forever!"
Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 AM
1sicbu

^ Your a tool!

Oldschool, like I said do your thing.....I can understand your situation.

Josh
what do you mean,i'm a tool?