Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Florida Autobody Collision Alliance

Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Autobody Collision Alliance

For those interested we a re finally getting what I hope will take one these piece of crap insurance companies. Open to anyone, I f have anything to do with the collision industry I would highly recommend you go. Sorry about the short notice.

Meeting: July 2 2008
Auto Collision Repair Academy
5619 East Columbus dr.
Tampa, Fl 33619

Time: 6pm-9pm
Dinner: $20 per person with early registration
$25 per person at the door

Any questions email georgem@Toyotaoftampabay.com

TBABA.Org is the site
thanks!

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tr-shop-forums/563400-how-do-i-get-my-shop-listed.html
Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 AM

Already in. Looking foward to all of us coming together to improve our industry.

What shop are you with?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Darrell
Already in. Looking foward to all of us coming together to improve our industry.

What shop are you with?

Going with Sunbrite Autoworks and the Wives, Should be five.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tr-shop-forums/563400-how-do-i-get-my-shop-listed.html
Old 07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

son of a gun~!, i will try to go

Lethal Fab
Old 07-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

I had some paint work done at Creative Body Works in Oldsmar. Wonder if they're attending .
Old 07-02-2008, 03:00 AM

we need this bad!!! I had "Regressive" insurance cut out my refinish time from 27hrs(our estimate) to 15(their initial) them i bitched and only received 18(new fenders,hood,radiator support, refinish doors,not blend, 3stage 3r1 red). All the moron talked about is how progressive hires college grads and train then as oppose to a bodyman who are to generous. Therefore i give the finger every time I see their cars out on the street.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Originally Posted by Krucial Kolors
we need this bad!!! I had "Regressive" insurance cut out my refinish time from 27hrs(our estimate) to 15(their initial) them i bitched and only received 18(new fenders,hood,radiator support, refinish doors,not blend, 3stage 3r1 red). All the moron talked about is how progressive hires college grads and train then as oppose to a bodyman who are to generous. Therefore i give the finger every time I see their cars out on the street.
You and me both buddy! lol
Dont work for the insurance companys, work for the customers, How about just dealing with the customers, dont even talk to the insurance adjustor, write your estimate, have the customer sign the repair authorization and bill them, let them work out the details with their insurance, we are not attorneys and theirfor can not legally "adjust" or settle a calim for them, now of course you will ahve ot explain this to your customers. But you would get paid, and the insurance company will easilly pay them before you, and if they dont how long do you think that person will stay with that company?

Check this out http://www.autobodyonline.com/discussion/

I copied this from a thread there "And who cares what other shops charge for. I get paid for things routinely that other shops don't because I'm not negotiating and "working with" the insurance company. I'm charging the vehicle owner for it because it's necessary and they are owed that for a proper job. IF their insurance company doesn't want to reimburse them for all necessary operations that is NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

Get real people and get out of from under all this control. The insurance company has you all brainwashed.

What you should be doing is involving your customers and letting THEM Decide what they want. "Mr. Smith, do you want these part labels removed? I'll have to charge for it but I want you to have the job you desire."

STOP DEALING/NEGOTIATING/BOWING to the insuarnce companies and start doing all of the above to the real customer and watch your bottom line grow, your customers be much happier and your industry turn around.

This isn't a game, this is business, stop playing games and start running businesses."

Lethal Fab
Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM

If we cannot attend how else can we get involved? I would love to be a part of this gimmick.

Josh
"Diamonds are forever!"
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hellfire_Studios
If we cannot attend how else can we get involved? I would love to be a part of this gimmick.

Josh

http://www.facatb.org/

just go to the website. They do ask for you to register your real name instead of a screen name. Meetings if all goes well will be every month.

Was pretty cool to be there.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

werd i was unable to make it, wish i would have known sooner, but i will plan to attend in the future, and register on the site. Thanks - Mike

Lethal Fab