Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Who Can Fix This ??????????

Old 04-24-2008, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should use that money to take some grammar classes.
"Diamonds are forever!"
Old 04-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

technically you made the car worth less, esp with a shitty unsafe repair. Good job! and wasted 1500.

Lethal Fab
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 PM
now with ls1!

whats wrong with section repairing a vehicle? we do it at my body shop all the time. and I work at a chrysler dealership. hell just yesterday I pulled the whole rear section of a civic and we are welding in a new one. the guy in the next bay is replacing a quarter from a neon the same way. drill the spot welds, remove damaged panel, fit and welde replacement. strong as factory. unless I am missing something here? but still $1500 does seem cheap for that repair. most of the repairs we do which is just a bumper and fender, couple other dings or something is normally around that price. the honda I mentioned about had a bill of $2500, and the rear panel is not as hard to replace as a quarter. what may be going on here is that buying a used car section to replace the quarter is cheaper than buying a new one. I dont know why, but it is. on big insurance jobs, we buy all new stuff. on budget jobs we buy sections of cars from junkyards, cut out the needed panel and weld in as necessary. makes for twice the work for us though, but it does still seem to work out cheaper somehow.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

Yea, o boy 1st of all, Any USED WELD ON PANEL is a SHITTY AND GARBAGE REPAIR no matter what you say, for all you know that used quater section was sitting at the bottom of a lake for the past year, or was damaged in an accident, its called a JUNKYARD for a reason, not to mention its like Picking a scab off your body and trying to put it on another wound that you have some where else. And when it is all said an done it is not cheaper, Not if your getting paid for everything you do, the used qtr is all tweaked and damaged and scabbed on your new car, all for INSURANCE COMPANIES to save money, i don't mind used doors and fenders or what not, but NEVER A WELD ON PANEL. Only NEW OEM, that way it has proper e-coat protection and you know where it came from, and its a hundered times easier to weld on. unless of course you still mig weld on replacement panels, which has now been replaced by compression spot welding.

and Eric please tread lightly here, because i dont think you have been in this industry for as long as i have and there is a whole other world that i do not believe you are aware of yet that plagues this trade.

I also want to point out that it is prolly not "as strong" as factory, are these quaters sleeved? if so that would make it stronger than factory, also how many plug welds are put in place of the factory welds and where at?

AND since when does price come before a quality and safe repair, the price should have NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. Our job as a body repair technician should be to restore the car back to pre accident condition, and keep the car the same as factory in the aspect of collision absorbing energy propertys. After all it could be your kid in that car when is all said and done.

Lethal Fab
Old 04-25-2008, 03:56 PM

Amd
Old 04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

amd athalon processor FTW

Lethal Fab
Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Do not fear me gypsy

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
amd athalon processor FTW
pffffffft intel duo core FTMFW.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Damn I Seriously Dunt Knw When That Fuking Amd Got There Lol ...
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

so wheres the pics of this quality and safe car?

Lethal Fab
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM

i dnt have them yet ill put em up soon