Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Where should i start?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:26 PM
i love girls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should i start?

I wanna start removing dents and dings off my car. Then i'll start sanding it down and primer it up. But i dont know where to start and what do i need.

So just post up materials/tools

Thanks

Jst4shw store: HID's-LED's-LUGNUT's-STICKER's-JDM GOODIES's

Like us on facebook
Old 11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

hammer, dolly (with appropriate radius's) stud puller, or puller T rods (welder if using rods) several length sanding blocks,body filler, DA sander, air compressor, a die grinder, 80grit DA, 180 grit DA, 80 grid Continuous roll, 180 grit continious Roll (3m STICK IT) Spray gun, gallon of primer 2k, and patience

hint, u must straighten the metal before applying any body filler, or u will be at it forever, and or the repair will fail, and people will laugh.

I have all these tools, and the ability to remove dints, dings, and repair crushed like a soda can panels, if u cant get it. - Mike

Lethal Fab
Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 PM

Hrmm...thats a tough one. I would do it one panel at a time. You are going to want to focus on all your low spots and get the metal back in place before adding filler for sure and then just keep going panel by panel till the jobs done. It is going to take some work to get the job done and Mike is right you will need all of the things mentioned to do the job correctly.

Hope we have helped.

Josh
"Diamonds are forever!"