Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

How to question

Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to question

We are working on prepping the project car for paint. I need to know the steps to getting dents out of the rear quarter panel. It is only about four to five inches long, two to three inches tall and only about an inch to two inches deep. It is not on a body line, just the flat part of the rear quarter panel. Help is appreciated and will be rep'd. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM

ummm well i dont know what kind of car it is or where the dent is exactly but first thing to try is see if you can get to it from the inside, meaning if its a rear 1/4 take the trunk panels out and see if its visable from there, sometimes you may need to cut an inner skin to get to it. i prefer to do this if you have someone who can weld it back on. because less filler is always better. if all else fails you are gonna need some kind of dent puller, suction cups might work or there is another one that prity much puts small screws along dent and you pull on the screws untill its level, but then you gotta use a grinder to flatten the metal and filler for the holes....

thats how we did it at the body shop i worked at. GL
Old 04-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Here is the dent, it is a 96 Civic Hatch

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM

anyone?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Lethal Fabrication.com

if you want take out the interior panel, DO not cut any inner panels, that is redicilous to suggest lol, and get a hammer and dolly and you can work the crease out, and sand it down and put some Metal glaze on it, sand it, prime and ready to paint, or you can purchase a stud gun/ slide hammer grind the paint off, pull the dent then fill.

Or ill fix it for 50 bucks.

Lethal Fab
Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by killerMikeD
if you want take out the interior panel, DO not cut any inner panels, that is redicilous to suggest lol, and get a hammer and dolly and you can work the crease out, and sand it down and put some Metal glaze on it, sand it, prime and ready to paint, or you can purchase a stud gun/ slide hammer grind the paint off, pull the dent then fill.

Or ill fix it for 50 bucks.
Thanks man, I will let you know if I need you to do it.