Local shops sticky

Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local shops sticky

What do you guys think about a sticky that lists local shops and or people who offer services for these cars.
For example Z-Fever, Martin AKA Enthalpy tuning and Fidel cashflow who made a post in parts for sale offering his services. I think a sticky listing these people along with contact info and what services they offer would be benificial.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
.....taste the rainbow

Getting the mods to do stickies is like pulling teeth from a hippo. Multiple people have talked about it throughout the years and nothing has become of the situation thus far. It would be awesome though.

+2 for stickies!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally Posted by KRUKED
Getting the mods to do stickies is like pulling teeth from a hippo. Multiple people have talked about it throughout the years and nothing has become of the situation thus far. It would be awesome though.

+2 for stickies!
Seeing as I am a mod I can do it. Just wanted some feed back on it prior to doing it. I have a vendor and shop sticky in Mitsu tech and figured something similar would be benificial here. I know of some shops and vendors to put in it but would take recommendations for others as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
.....taste the rainbow

I'm unaware of how the mods do things when it comes to contributing to sections. I would've thought the mods had to get together as a group to form something per sections. IDK...

If you can do it, do it.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I am putting together a list of vendors I have found that carry nissan aftermarket as well as some local shops that I know work on them.
If anyone has suggestion please reply with them. I will get the sticky up Monday or Tuesday.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM
buildin' it

should definitely be part of the ultimate sticky at least.

A vendor list (with links to their appropriate shop forum in the shops section) would be pretty awesome.
Especially since so much of it has changed over the last couple of years. There used to be a pretty known "list" of who did what, and where. Seems like that list has gotten a good bit more obscure over time.

The only thing I would caution about is that it opens the doors for reviews and what not. Which are a good thing to communicate to the rest of the nissan family, but should also be directed back to the appropriate shop section.
It is a fine line cause you want to tell everyone who is good and who might not be, but at the same time, you don't want to be the one spreading false information about someone.
Something that is on the agenda to talk to the Tr higher ups, is a more useful system for "rating" the different shops, and encouraging the shops to use TR more often. The majority of them have a shop section already, it just isn't as utilized as it should be. My thoughts are, create a way for people to post reviews about those shops, perhaps some sort of point system or something. that way, instead of Us, in the nissan section, needing to worry about sending nissan people to bad shops or whatever, we can just say "Jimbo motorsports, specializes in KA-R set ups, does engine work, chassis work, in house dyno, has a 7 out of 8 TR score, see his shop forum *here* for contract info"
Gonna take a bit of work to get to that point, but it is on the discussion table.

In the meantime, just having a collective list would be great. Who to call to get what done. Get a few of the shops on there. And maybe even get some TR users on there, like Z28ricer. I don't know if he is still building cars or not since he isn't too active on the site anymore, but if he is, maybe get him listed on there. Might bring him back to being more active. and more people being more active is good for all of us.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

The list will be a locked sticky thats purpose is to be a easy to locate list of vendors and shops with website and contact info. There will be no discussions or shop reviews on it that's not its purpose.
It will resemble this https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/m...ors-shops.html
Any requests to add a vendor, shop will be done via a pm and I will add them to the sticky.