midnight run this weekend anyone?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IdowatIwantx
i'll be down for something like this once I get my gas gauge fixed.. dont want to run out of gas on the interstate lol
Fill the tank up before we ride out. I know if I can make it from Clearwater to Daytona on a full tank, I know you won't run out from driving 2/3 hours on a full tank.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:38 AM
buildin' it

why the interstate cruises?
Not trying to be a dick or argue or anything, I'm just curious what the appeal to it is?
I'm sure most of you/us have loud ass exhausts, so after cruising at 3-4 grand for 30 minutes, I'd be about over it. Maybe if we were going somewhere, then I'd have the goal to look forward to, but just cruising aimlessly on the interstate just has no appeal to me.
Now, if you wanted to go for a ride, and end up on some of these backroads that we take on our sports bikes, then that might be something fun. They are no tail of the dragon, but they have some good turns throughout them.
Most people are so used to avoiding roads like those and sticking to major highways, that you forget to even look at them when you have a map in front of you, but trust me, there are dozens of good roads out there.
Hell, given the starting area you keep talking about, you could basically start at Fowler, take that to where it turns into 301, and take that to Zhills. That isn't a crazy twisty road, but at least it isn't the interstate. Pause in Zhills if you need to. Then get on 54, and start taking that back. From there, you can either cruise down 54 til us19 and head home, or you can take the numerous side roads. really quick, looking at the map, i'd take 54, to meadow pointe blvd, to 56, 56 turns back into 54, to mentmore blvd, back to 54, from there, wonder my way back home.

there are a lot more, that was just a quick and easy one.
Lots of "north runs" but there are also a handful of good routes starting in the sarasota area.
Open up google, pick an area, find a squiggly ish road and work out a route. Make sure the road is good with street view. Then go hit it up. might be a lot of fun, it might totally suck, but if you're enjoying the drive and the "adventure" part of it, then it can be a real blast.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM
.....taste the rainbow

I like the highway because there are less police, no traffic lights and one can easily open up the throttle a wee bit more than one could comfortable on the city streets. Just my preference.
Yea, there are north runs, but most people dont necessarily want to drive that far north. Me personally, I dont mind driving. Its other people who want to conserve gas.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
.....taste the rainbow

Any takers for tonight?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM

My car is finally painted. I'll be down to start going on cruises.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM

I'll be down for sure.
1993 black s13 convertible (beach cruiser)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Hit a sweet spot saturday night. Place north of dade city, south of brooksville. Lots of country side, up and down hills and twist.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 AM
dsm

Shit was a blast need more people to go
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by KRUKED
Hit a sweet spot saturday night. Place north of dade city, south of brooksville. Lots of country side, up and down hills and twist.
shit like this makes me sad that I work Saturday nights.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM

How far south of brooksville ?

Quick Reply: midnight run this weekend anyone?