Does Martin do a good tune?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
One Big Room Full of...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Martin do a good tune?

Im interested in an S13 with a SR swap in it, guy says it was tuned by martin, a popular name in the 240 scene for sure. Can anyone tell me if his tunes are crap an the guy doesnt know what he is doing or if he tunes well and the motors are strong. let me know asap!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
.....taste the rainbow

My Ka-t was tuned by Martin about a year and a half ago. It hasn't blown up.........yet. Martin knows his shit. More than some will agree. He's probably tuned more than 70% of the 240's that have a swap, (ones that needed a tune for whatever reason) in the bay area. And he's been around for quite some time.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM
One Big Room Full of...

Originally Posted by KRUKED
My Ka-t was tuned by Martin about a year and a half ago. It hasn't blown up.........yet. Martin knows his shit. More than some will agree. He's probably tuned more than 70% of the 240's that have a swap, (ones that needed a tune for whatever reason) in the bay area. And he's been around for quite some time.
yea, i know he was doing tunes for XAT and driven concepts way back in like 06.. i know hes been doing tunes for a long time.. i jus wanna hear good and bad stories... everyone ive talked to about this S13 i might get says the SR in it is very strong and it's on a martin tune...

Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 AM
JDM cavaliers

Wouldn't have been around this long unless he knew his stuff. Never personally met him or used his services but people from around the country and even the world order tunes from Enthalpy/ZFever.

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
.....taste the rainbow

Just text drive the car first. Martin's tune is one thing, but someone elses engine is another.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM
One Big Room Full of...

Originally Posted by KRUKED
Just text drive the car first. Martin's tune is one thing, but someone elses engine is another.
well said, I'll be test driving the car for sure. according to the owner, martin had nothing but great things to say about this specific SR

Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Bear....woods
Pope.....Catholic
1 legged duck.....circles
frogs ass......watertight
Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 AM
One Big Room Full of...

Originally Posted by burgy240
Bear....woods
Pope.....Catholic
1 legged duck.....circles
frogs ass......watertight
lol thats one way to put it lololol

Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Blah Blah Blah

he can tune for just about anything.. you want 2 step? (check) you want launch control? (check) you want power? (check) you want mpg? (check) you want reliabilty and driveability? (check) You can either get a standalone or his ecu and you will not go wrong. They ONLY people that would have anything bad to say about a Martin tune is someone that wants to tune your car with xyz ecu... like AEM or Haltech or .. you get it. I have always ran one and probably always will. Long story short you would have a bigger challenge finding anything negative about his tunes or ecu products.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 AM
(OO\____/OO)

He tuned my Black zenki, made 260hp @ 7psi with a bad turbo/manifold gasket (a 1" gap in the gasket). amazing numbers.

He Tuned my GTR twice, second time with launch control

Dyno Day for the GTR - YouTube

GTR Skyline 2-step launch. RS-Enthalpy tune | Facebook

basically, no one else will ever tune my cars but Martin, even considering having him squeeze a few more ponies out of my pathfinder. He's also a top flight wiring harness conversion dood, he's done all my and customers harnesses.

bottom line? no worries m8. If you have any further questions, he's 180SX here on TR, and RS-Enthalpy on facebook.

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.

Quick Reply: Does Martin do a good tune?