Pretty New to TR

Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty New to TR

So i've been doing a lot of searching, reading, learning, and some buying here but never really posted anything so i figured I'd become more active on here. so...
I just sold my 1990 240sx hatch
and bought a 1995 240sx MINTY fresh lol
I plan on slowly building it but keeping it a dd
any advice is welcomed and im sure you will be hearing more from me
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
buildin' it

my advice, either search for everything because you can pretty much find the answer you need somewhere on the internet and because of that, any thread you post asking a question like that will be more than likely locked.
OR
make said thread anyway and just be prepared to have that thread locked

other than that, have fun. good luck. learn stuff .enjoy it.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
The Riot Society

Start with fixing what's broke, regular upkeep, then go with suspension and wheels, then go fast. Everything else later.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 AM

Empire thanks but i meant advice on the car, i've been doing the searching and stuff for over a year and i know what gets you locked and what doesn't

Pettit alright thats what i plan, everything is pretty much working little little things here and there to fix
i want to get suspension but idk where to start coilovers, springs, struts, etc
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by bigdiesel13
Empire thanks but i meant advice on the car, i've been doing the searching and stuff for over a year and i know what gets you locked and what doesn't

Pettit alright thats what i plan, everything is pretty much working little little things here and there to fix
i want to get suspension but idk where to start coilovers, springs, struts, etc
that was advise for owning your car.

you can google any question you have.

I'm pretty sure you can google "I just a 240sx, what should I do first?" and get at least half a dozen write ups going over everything you need to do to your car to get it in good shape, then going over the different things you could/should do to your car to make it better.

want my advise. pick a place on the car to start. Usually the engine.
Make sure it is running 110%.
tune up all the way around. new parts. fresh seals, etc etc etc.
I'll give you a hint, a healthy, clean running KA can run/drive no matter where the dizzy is set at. You could technically dive with the bolts loose because it won't matter where it ends up at. sure it will run better in some places, but the point is, it will still run.
I see a lot of cars that barely run and if the spark timing is off even .5 degrees, the thing won't start.
So get the engine running 100%
then, fix everything else that is broken. Freshen up the A/C so it blows titties cold.
clean up the interior so your mother would be proud
fix all of your broken panels, lights, etc so you don't look like a drifter retard.
Then start going over your suspension. Replace the broken crap. Upgrade while you're at it. Don't just throw a part's catalog at it. Figure out what you are changing and why you are changing it. You'll learn to appreciate the subtle differences if you take your time to do it right. The guys that just throw the SPL catalog at it have no idea what they have done, and most of the time, their car handles worse than when it started.
Then get yourself a nice set of wheels. Personally, I think that stupid offset shit is well, stupid. and that slammed, no clearance crap is retarded as all hell. Hella flush or whatever that crap is called. I have Zero respect for the kids that do that. Having your wheels tilt over just to fit in the wheel wells makes you look like an idiot that can't drive, hit too many curbs, has a broken ass car and is too stupid to fix it.
Then, figure out what you want to do to go faster.
Only retards like loud ass cars. Don't be a retard.
Take your time and build the engine you want. Do it once. Do it right.
Get it all buttoned up. Have a nice engine. Awesome handling. Then enjoy your car.
do minor tweaks to the interior to make it a nicer ride.
And just enjoy it. Don't trash it. don't rice it out. don't drift it. don't do stupid shit.
if you want to do stupid shit, then buy a junk beater car and do your stupid shit to it.

/rant
Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

thanks Empire, i couldn't agree more
car pretty much is already clean, motor runs great, but I'm doing minor fixes to make it flawless
My next step would be the suspension and this is where i need to do the research figure out what can fit my needs as well as my budget
being as i don't have money to blow i definitely take my time and make sure what ever i get will be worth it
when the time comes for wheels i sure as hell don't want none of that "stupid hella flush slammed shit"

now the studying and research comes, thanks again!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 AM
no

PM me before you post a thread and I'll tell you where to find what you're looking for or link you to a thread that's already been posted covering your exact same question.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 AM

I wasn't necessarily asking a question i was just introducing my self and i welcomed advice
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Will sleep for food.

I have an S14 trunk. It's in Orlando though. It had spoiler holes, but I bondo sealed them. Not the cleanest looking but if you come pick it up its yours for $10. I just want it out of my garage. DN1 paint code.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 AM

LETS NOT HIJACK THIS POST
thanks go to the nissan for sale forum to buy and sell