Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

sr20det CAS set to 15 degrees runs like poo advance it runs like champ

Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
(SHIFT-YOUR SHITS WEAK)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation sr20det CAS set to 15 degrees runs like poo advance it runs like champ

ok so here is the issue just had the engine fully rebuilt swapped it in and ran into a shit ton of small issues wouldn't hold idle cold, slight miss at idle ect. anyways fixed all that mess now when i use the timing light to set ignition timing i set it to 15 degrees the proper way. the CAS is in right engine timing seems to be right but when set at 15 degrees car runs and drives but super slow laggy and breaks up in boost of any sort, but then i twist the CAS to advance almost all the way engine runs near perfect pulls hard doesn't break up at all. and the wide band is reading lean pretty much all the time unless im in boost. in boost reads 13.5 cruising 17-lean and this is with it set at 15 and advanced.
i have swapped out CAS,injectors,fpr,maf,temp sensor, replaced bov found a leak there,
plugs are bk6re gapped .28 fuel pressure 37 walbor 255 pump, isis t28 turbo fmic, maybe 5 miles on entire build, no exhaust leak before wide band 02 maybe 6 inches from turbo elbow

the quick read.
runs super lean all the time unless in boost.
when set in time boggs out breaks up in boost no power
CAS has to be advanced all the way for it to not break up and bogg out/ run like it should kinda still stupid lean

Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Why is your FP not set to 43.5?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
S one 4

Sounds like mech timing is off. You also have other issues you need to fix. 13.5 is still lean by any standards. You need to be in the 11.5 range in boost and 13.5 or slightly higher range at cruise.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 AM
buildin' it

sounds like a really jacked up tune.

and mechanical timing is off somewhere.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 AM
JDM cavaliers

Obviously your timing is not right if you have to advance it to get the car to run. And running 13.5 under boost with advanced timing? You're gonna get real good at rebuilding SRs doing that...

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 AM
(SHIFT-YOUR SHITS WEAK)

i will snap pics of the timing when i get home tonight and post them up on here so you all can look at it. and i have a impul japan ecu tune a friend ran it on his sr for a few days for me said it was same as stock just no speed cut and higher rev point. im gonna try swapping ecu's again and see if there is any difference at all. i will update about 7 o'clock tonight, im at work till 5:30

Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
(SHIFT-YOUR SHITS WEAK)

ok came home early from work and also borrowed a friends stock ecu swapped out the ecu test drove it and still the same thing so its not an ecu problem. then i opened up the valve cover and took some photos lmk what you think.

Last edited by A-ron; 01-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
no

At TDC are the lobes on the camshafts for cylinder one pointing out? You might have the cams flipped flopped. The timing looks correct. 20 pins between the two dots 15deg btdc. Try re-stabbing your cas. Some are finicky like that.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
(SHIFT-YOUR SHITS WEAK)

^ kevin i have swapped out that damn CAS with 2 other ones timing on that is tits too. i decided to pull off the intake mani and take a look around. and cly 1,2,4 are dirty already and cly 3 is like near perfect. so i flip over the mani to look at the injectors and 1,2,4 the rubber seals are all tore up and the injectors are not center in the hole but cly 3 is near perfect with no rubber seal issue. so i am thinking this will have a big effect on how she runs. going to the dealer to buy new seals tomorrow local part stores dont have them.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
S one 4

Mech timing looks good as Kevin stated. O-rings could be a large part of your issue. Post back when you get the new seals in.

Quick Reply: sr20det CAS set to 15 degrees runs like poo advance it runs like champ