Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

nissan 240 help

Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nissan 240 help

i just bought a 1990 240 and it has a ka24de, for some reason over the pass few days my cars has lost power and also sounds different like a puddering noise. i though it was the fuel filter, but it wasnt. but now i think it could be the fuel injectors, but im unsure. ANY suggestions?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Because race car…

Without knowing much in the way of details...have you checked your plugs yet? Does it have a miss? Could have a bad plug...plug wire...or a fowled injector. help us help you. When did this all start??
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Ok it happen a couple days ago ok I'll go on into a little more detail some sometimes when I shift gears u can hear a poping noise coming from the muffler like it's not getting enough fuel also when I hit 3 or 4 gears low the car starts to shake but when I hit the gas a bit more it starts to go away.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Because race car…

Smoking at all? Does it shake, like a stutter? take a look at your plugs...sounds like you have a miss. Could need the plugs replaced...or plug wire. When was the last time the car has a tune up? Could jus tbe time to do that ( new plugs, plug wires and Dizzy cap and rotor).
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 PM

No there is no smoke and yah it stutters I just bought the car so idk if it had a tune up
Old 05-26-2011, 07:10 PM

You should probably change the plugs, wires, and distributor cap or rotor if you are unsure of their age...

"Sputtering" to me sounds like an ignition issue...but it could also be something like a vacuum hose broke or came loose.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 AM
no

Posts like: "Damnnnn i am so good at predicting who is going to help!" don't belong in tech threads. Nobody wants to read through 5 pages of garbage post-whoring to get an answer. It's OFF TOPIC that's why it was removed. Why don't you post a thread in the lounge and just type "bump", and "man I'm so cool" 3,000 times so you can get your post count up. Keep this thread OT by offering helpful insight, and suggestions on fixing the problem or it will be closed.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 AM

well when i drive the car if feels like its not getting enought fuel when shifting.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 AM
no

That could be a number of different things, fuel pump, clogged injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and maybe a clogged fuel filter.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:36 AM

Well i just change the fuel filter and its is still doing the same thing, but know i think it might be the injectors. If i would take them out is there a way to see if they are bad?

Quick Reply: nissan 240 help