Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Any one rockin the Xcessive Vg to KA tranny kit?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 PM
buildin' it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the general consensus was that RB trannies were like bullet proof... did I miss something?

I mean, that was several years ago... I've not really even looked into trannies since then, but did they all start dying over the past couple years or what?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 PM

^ Not bullet proof, but 10X stronger than a ka transmission. There is a difference between a rb25de and rb25det transmission for those not "in the know".
Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 PM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by santasnowman
^ Not bullet proof, but 10X stronger than a ka transmission. There is a difference between a rb25de and rb25det transmission for those not "in the know".
how is it 10 times stronger if the KA tranny can handle 300hp and the rb tranny is taking a crap with that same kind of power....
Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM

^ Where did you hear this? I don't see anywhere in this thread that an rb tranny broke at 300whp.

An rb25de transmission is the same as a ka/sr transmission. Maybe that is what's confusing you.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by santasnowman
^ Where did you hear this? I don't see anywhere in this thread that an rb tranny broke at 300whp..
this...

Originally Posted by Blackzenki82
i'm tired of third gear blowing out every 6 months, even sullivanracing06 had problems with his 25 trans (he's been through like 6-7 of em), till he got the OSG gear set.. and still blows out syncros/forks and shit.......
as far as I know, neither BZ or sullivan had rather stock engines so the 300hp was just an educated guess.
having to repair/replace a tranny every 6 months or so doesn't support the thought that rb trannies are any stronger than KA trannies...
I didn't think that sullivan had his car(s) for over 5 years, supporting the every 6 or so months observation...
and also, as far as I know, they both have the turbo models... could be wrong though...

but hey, I'm not trying to state facts, or argue or anything like that. I'm actually looking for some clarity. I just made an observation that went against what I thought I knew.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:23 PM
no

^ assumption ftl. Both those cars are making over 400hp and capable of 550ish.

Blackzenki82 runs an rb26 awd transmission which is different than the rb25 tranny.
I have no idea what tranny the other dude runs (rb25de or det) but basically you're wrong and misinformed about everything. You've obviously never broken a ka transmission...

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Last edited by mewantkouki; 10-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
speed cat

ah shit, IF you knew what the excessive kit was..... excessives dosent need machining of the bell housing. Mazworx dose make a vg kit, but requires machining of the bell housing, which is why I was wondering about excessive's. also, their shifter bracket kit puts the shifter in the same location as the ka's. I will pass on pulling out the ka tranny every 6 months.... $1,750 will get you a solid transmission and kit, along with a 6 pound lighter 1 piece drive shaft. So what if it cost money, how fast will ka tranny add up replacing? I didn't ask for financial advise, only if any one had the kit, and how they liked it. You wouldn't turbo a ka for 500+hp without building it to hold that power,unless you didn't care if it lasted under a year, so why would you not upgrade your drivetrain to hold power reliably also?

Last edited by Speed cat; 10-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM
no

< Knows what the excessive kit is. Did you bother to read my first post?

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
^ assumption ftl. Both those cars are making over 400hp and capable of 550ish.

Blackzenki82 runs an rb26 awd transmission which is different than the rb25 tranny.
I have no idea what tranny the other dude runs (rb25de or det) but basically you're wrong and misinformed about everything. You've obviously never broken a ka transmission...
nope. at least not for the same reasons you guys have.

I'm slow.

see, it is true, you really can learn somethin everyday.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
(OO\____/OO)

Originally Posted by Empire
as far as I know, neither BZ or sullivan had rather stock engines so the 300hp was just an educated guess.
we're both well over 300whp, sully's got or will have almost double what i've got now... think he's aiming for the 7 hundo + range, me i wanna max at 500-550 and call it a day.

having to repair/replace a tranny every 6 months or so doesn't support the thought that rb trannies are any stronger than KA trannies...
RB trannys are a lot stronger than KA trannys, but with the power level Sullivan and i are at, shit starts breaking... 3rd gear is NOTORIOUS in any RB tranny for giving out, and giving out bad... i can put my car in 3rd, without pushing the clutch, and nothing happens... like a 2nd neutral.ss sullivan can comment more on this, as he's had more exp with RB's and their respective transmissions.

I didn't think that sullivan had his car(s) for over 5 years, supporting the every 6 or so months observation...
i could be wrong, but i think sully's had his for just over 5 years, he doesn't break them every six months, nor do i, the sarcasm for pussy trannys was lost... i just got the car with no third, replaced the trans a week later with a RB20 GTS4 AWD trans, and blew third out a week later at desoto, i know have a replacement trans sitting in my garage waiting to go in, so in just my ownership I'm in three transmissions...

and also, as far as I know, they both have the turbo models... could be wrong though...
i have a relatively stock RB26 - 400hp
sully has a relatively NOT stock RB28 - 600hp+

but hey, I'm not trying to state facts, or argue or anything like that. I'm actually looking for some clarity. I just made an observation that went against what I thought I knew.
cleared things up a bit brudda!

FWIW

RB25DET trans with what appears to be a KA/SR trans above it

RB25DE trans

my new (used) RB26 AWD trans

speed cat, how do they make a kit that requires no machining? i'll have to take a look at this thing, as apparently it's not the same kinda deal as the mazworks

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.

Last edited by Blackzenki82; 10-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.