Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

oil leak mystery.. need ideas.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
INTENSE CHOCOLATE MILK !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oil leak mystery.. need ideas.

ive been chasing a mysterious oil leak in my 200sx (ga16de) for a couple weeks now.. i have oil all over the bottom pass. side of my motor under the car and splattered up on the back bumper. it hasnt been alot.. i go through a quart about every 2 weeks er so. but i havent been able to figure out where its coming from so i have been on a divide and conquer strategy. i changed my vc gasket, my oil pan gasket and pcv gasket. they all needed to be changed but im still leaking oil. i was about to break down and degrease the entire motor so i could figure out where it was coming from. but when i was changing my air filter i noticed oil dripping from my intake. so now im thinking it could be my valves but im not sure. i also have and engine light that came on cuz i have a small leak in my evap somewhere and ive been noticing a slight drop in throttle response and loss of power especially in 3rd and 4th gears. not sure if they are all connected but anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Mac

Too much crankcase pressure is forcing oil into the intake through the PCV (Positive crankcase ventilation) system. Change your PCV valve and related filters. I would start there...
Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
INTENSE CHOCOLATE MILK !!

how can i tell if the pcv valve is bad? it looks clean but it does seem like it could be one of my problems..
also another wierd problem, i got a engine light triggered and its giving me a code for a small leak in my evap system. but ive been switching out my air filter lately ( went from a box to a cone filter then back to the box with a K&N air filter) and eveytime i unplug my map sensor for any length of time, the light goes off.. coincidence or is there something there i should look into?