Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Z32 Problem...

Old 07-16-2010, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is 20 years old.... what do you really expect ? There are trucks that don't last that long, let alone cars.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:32 PM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by EludeR
This car is 20 years old.... what do you really expect ? There are trucks that don't last that long, let alone cars.
who jizzed in your ramen?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 PM

Its a dumb fucking post to begin with, yeah you can be nice and try and help someone out, playing internet mechanic is like walking around with no pants and a hardon hoping it will just magically be inserted into some chicks vagina.

The bitching about 20year old cars breaking is just fucking retarded. Especially a 20yr old sports car thats probably been beat on the majority of its life. It should be given a prize for running this long. So basically all I was trying to point out is that the car is now 20years old and you should be happy it even fucking runs. Most 20-25 year old cars need restorations.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 PM

So the moral of the story is, either work on it some more and become more motivated to find the source of the issue or take it to a mechanic who like fixes stuff like this.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Ummm yeah, if you read into this thread you'd notice that Dan is now coming to help me because of this post, and not to mention I dont have money to be buying a new car all the time as soon as it gets "old", If you dont want to give me a few pointers to try out in fixing this old car, then stay out of the thread? I was asking for correct ohms to begin with not "what is this thing that makes my car move", so I was looking for more technical responses than looking for an "internet mechanic". I also dont see what youre trying to do here, youre posting in a nissan/infinity technical forum about how I should stop crying about my car not driving...winner.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:56 AM
buildin' it

I really don't know how to even respond to that bullshit. Take that mind set and you have negated the point of this whole forum. Well, except maybe the lounge. But hell, even the for sale section goes away because why would you waste your time buying parts for a 20 year old car? mind blowing...
Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 AM
buildin' it

anyway.... any progress on what the issue is/was?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

ya any progress? My z32 does the same shit, it doesn't fire on cylinders 1 and 6 right now haha.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM

I'm waiting for dan to get back at me about coming over and giving me a hand but I'm going to ohm test them first thing in the morning, I've talked to a few people aboutthe issue that work on Z32s and they told me the early year 300's have injector problems which I guess they fixed from 1993 models on, so I'll post first thing tomorrow and if so start pulling my intake mani...
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM
buildin' it

it was sort of fixed on 93... they just used a different style injector that holds up a bit better... the thing about it is the injectors have power going to them all of the time. if the batter is hooked up, the injectors have power. back in the 90s, that wasn't that big of a deal. Now, with the increase of ethanol in the fuel, the constant power causes a reaction with the ethanol which in turn, kills the injector. I'll have to see if I can find the write up on how to correct that...