Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

RB25 research need suggestions!!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
SURFS up ASSHOLE!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB25 research need suggestions!!!!

so, i picked up an rb25...its the na out of an r32.to be honest i dont know much about the motor ive never had one before,but im about to deploy to afghanistan so i would like to take the year to learn as much about the motor as i can, i mean EVERYTHING! when i get back im gonna throw some serious moola into this project and i want to make sure its done right, so if you guys know of any books websites whatever with good information lemme know...shit even the guys that have done it before, what worked for you what didnt, what issues if any occured during the build etc etc. i know its alot to ask but im tryin to get squared away now seeing as im prolly not going to have electricity or internet in kandahar. i do appreciate any insight given!
R.I.P. CPL. Andrew C. Wilfart, K.I.A. Operation Enduring Freedom FEB 27, 2011 Godspeed Brother!VATOS LOCOS ALPHABET GANG member#3
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
SAL-T

Good luck ova there.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
February - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by EddieSixem
so, i picked up an rb25...its the na out of an r32.to be honest i dont know much about the motor ive never had one before,but im about to deploy to afghanistan so i would like to take the year to learn as much about the motor as i can, i mean EVERYTHING! when i get back im gonna throw some serious moola into this project and i want to make sure its done right, so if you guys know of any books websites whatever with good information lemme know...shit even the guys that have done it before, what worked for you what didnt, what issues if any occured during the build etc etc. i know its alot to ask but im tryin to get squared away now seeing as im prolly not going to have electricity or internet in kandahar. i do appreciate any insight given!
Buy this:

found in this thread
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...-no-waayy.html

My buddy Blake is also in the military and wired his RB25 in himself with this, if I remember correctly this has a lot of pin outs as well.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Toonz Stuff

Dont listen to everyone on nicoclub they dont know what they are talking about. But there is alot of good write ups and links to many rb related threads for research.

RB20 / RB25 / RB26 Forum

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of veterans here. ---> Skylines Australia

My .02,

Buy an oem gasket set off ebay. The 200 dollar one, not the 80 dollar crap...
Get a new water pump, timing belt, and clutch. 300whp

Top mount Precision billet 6765, 60mm wg, 1800+cc inj, AEM EMS, e-85, CP Pistons, Manley TT Rods. 750hp

Thats just what I would do.

JoKie Tuning

Ray's
Performance
Machine
813-368-8006

B-Spec Tuning
813-451-7547
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 PM

what style of driving are you going to be doing, since its a r32 you have the 9mm oil pump drive, u should fix that problem if you plan on running this motor past 8 for extended periods

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Old school TR member

Wow. Is this really happening? People are actually helping another member without any flaming/ shit talking.

Progress.

Good luck over seas. I don't know much about RB's but ya just search around on related forums and you will find people who know their shit. I know a few people here have some knowledge in regards to that motor, but your best bet is a site dedicated to RB's/25's.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM

My little brother did his tour over at Kandahar. He had internet and power after a few months (not sure how long your tour will be) once he was in the barracks building and out of the tents. Just remember, if someone says to come check out (random object) by the ac units outside don't do it, its a trap lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
SURFS up ASSHOLE!!!

Originally Posted by sullivanracing06
what style of driving are you going to be doing, since its a r32 you have the 9mm oil pump drive, u should fix that problem if you plan on running this motor past 8 for extended periods
well, since ive been in hawaii ive been doin alot of touge type stuff, but im building it to slide assuming we get our track back. if not i would really just like to build it as an overall balanced car that can handle the twisties.

and gino hopefully we get out of the tents, but we are the first company in the surge goin in and there is nothing solid over there yet i guess well see.i was gonna take my motor with me but lack of facilities changed my mind lol.
R.I.P. CPL. Andrew C. Wilfart, K.I.A. Operation Enduring Freedom FEB 27, 2011 Godspeed Brother!VATOS LOCOS ALPHABET GANG member#3
Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 AM
J.R.D

DONT BUY THAT!!!

I have it as a PDF...

You can also download it for free off the Nico Club Forum. If not I can send it to you over an e-mail. Nico has the r32, r33, and r34 FSM for freeeeeeeee!

Best way to learn about these is to breeze the forums. Nicoclub RB Forum, SOUSA... And the real crazy information is on the Australian Forums.

Here's the link to all the PDF's for your dowloading pleasure!

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/rb/

Read up.

Last edited by Adrreil; 06-04-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 AM
February - Ride of the Month

Hahaha ^ or do that.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."