Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

internal differences between the sr20de and sr20det

Old 06-29-2002, 08:04 AM
lifelong learner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well think about this guy

you can start out with a sentra and throw a turbo kit on it.. or you can swap it in.. in japan some front wheel drive cars had sr20dets also

but then you're stuck with dealing with no traction at all, crappy torque steeer, bad handling, and transmsisions that break when you start to make higher than 300 hp...

Or you can get an already excellent handling 240sx, and make it even better by swapping it, and have one of the most fun cars that ever exists with a transimissinon that does hold almost 450 hp and 500 tq..
Old 06-29-2002, 08:37 AM
lifelong learner

internal differences of the de and det include cams

pistons

rods may be different in a det as well

oil squirters ? some stupid shit lie that

oil pump gear

nothing major except the C:R of the pistons.. and even thats very easy to be fixd its called forged internals..

bah who cares

theyre nice motors
Old 06-29-2002, 08:39 AM
Vechicle Whore

1. SR20DET never came in FWD. AWD or RWD.

2. RWD SR20DET will not fit in a FWD. Only AWD motor will.

3. Buy a 240sx for pure speed, Buy a Sentra/200sx for comport and speed. (more traction problems)

4. Blue Bird SR20DET is virtually the same as US SR20DE except the copression is lower and it has oil squirters.

5. If you intend on getting a Sentra/200sx buy the SE-R and turbo that motor. (Cheaper to swap also) It is good for well over 300hp if done properly.

6. Buy my Talon for $4,000 and start there.
2013 BMW X5
2008 Chevy TBSS awd
Old 07-12-2002, 08:55 AM
I like curves

the SR20DET DID come int FWD. that is the bluebird motor. it is basically a US sr20 de in the inside exept pistons wich have a lower compression ratio for handling the boost very well. The All Wheel Drive version of the SR20DET is from the Nissan Pulsar(Sunny) GTi-R. this engine, however, is a little different. this is the the troublemaker of the family so to speak. this engine is very meen. it has a different block than the US SR20, different internals, different turbo setup( T28 opposed to the bluebirds T25), and i different intake manifold. ive rode in a B13 sentra with the GTi-R Swap, its one of my friends down there in Tampa. some of you may have encountered it. it has the all powerful "Top Mount Radiator' . i do resent the statements of " you cannot get any traction with the FWD DET cars and they handle like shit basically." HA! okay, reason why they cany hook up is because 1, they might not have JWT motor mounts( very helpful). 2, they might ground control coilovers. 3, tires. how can you say that when tires mean so much. slap on some dragslicks on that bitch and youl think no traction. 4, not handle goood? hahahha! why dont you go on the SR20DEforum.com and look around. theres numerous people that roadrace/autocross thier DET powered sentra/G20. Greg Perry has one very meen autocross car and its T28 powered US spec SR20DE( but now turbo). my best suggestion is to go to the SR20DEforum and SEARCH for topics. because what you have asked, thousands of people have asked before and they keep it on file. so enjoy, and welcome to nissans, you wont turn back. theres plenty of DET/DE people in tampa. why dont you ask for a ride in thier car. once you hear the engine you wont want to drive that honda of yours later
Old 07-12-2002, 06:18 PM
I like curves

really jay? i thought they did. owell. i really beleive you. you know a shitload more than i do. i thought the bluebirds were fwd with the det. my bad. but then why is it that the GTi-R motor is a bitch to fit in? is it because it uses different parts for tranny/drivetrain? i think thats waht ive heard from everybody but im just a little bit curious. BTW, you met me while i was down and youve met my sis when you went to Bennigans with Jihad.