Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Does anyone vacuum form s14 headlights?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Does anyone vacuum form s14 headlights?

Does anyone vacuum form headlights? In high scool we had a vacuum former in shop class and my buddy had an s14 zenki so he vacuum formed himself a pair of clear zenki headlight lenses. I didnt have an s14 back then but now i do so i would like to do the same being that lenses are so expensive so if anyone is selling or can make some claer s14 lenses let me know and how much.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
(OO\____/OO)

got_chub on NICO's got about the best deal on em...

but they look like asshole IMO... not cause they're clear, but cause fitment looks poor.. on the supermades, final connections, etc etc etc... hell even circuit sports sells em now... still fit as bad as al the other companies though...

that and well, people want em as cheap as possible, then can't afford to do it proper with a projector retro fit... so instead they get some ebay HID's and slap em in there blinding the holy fuck out of everyone with HID's and lenses with no fluting to at least halfway break up the light....

yes i have HIDs... and my shit lights up the road BEHIND ME.... so i know it's blinding poor fools... i could only imagine how bad it would be with clear lenses....

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.

Last edited by Blackzenki82; 11-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM

thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 05:38 PM

yeah, not sure if its the same guy, but someone in NC or SC i believe did it for a while. they needed to be trimmed a lot and werent anywhere near SuperMade or Final Konnexion quality.
my HID's on my SuperMade clear covers are stupid. i light up trees to the left and right. if ur gonna do clear covers, buy everything for retrofitting projectors first. thats what i should have done
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
(OO\____/OO)

^
spoken from exp!

i just don't like how they fit.... but to each their own....

i remember the guy making his own... i was reading up that a year or so ago.... i think people were complaining that the heat from the bulbs was causing the lenses to slag and shit...

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.