Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

how much power loos on jumping diff?

Old 08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much power loos on jumping diff?

was just wondering if any one has experienced the same thing as me. I got a j3 diff and used extra long bolts to mount the diff in my s13 since the stock bolts are too short. anyways, I broke the spot welded nut in the rear subframe on both sides where the bolt on each side of the front of the diff mounts into. I was wondering if having the diff not tightly bolted in and it being able to move up and down a inch and not being fully su[pported to the top of the subframe with those 2 bolts would cause a loss of power? basicly I feel a huge loss of power. please don't ask me to check other things, I just want to know if a diff in my situation could cause noticable loss of power. thanks guys
Old 08-30-2009, 05:15 PM
SAL-T

neva heard of loss of pwr. i gotts a j30 and it makes a clunk sound b/c i am running stock s13 bolts(i shaved down the 2 collar things flat and used a some washser to clear the gap between the and the subframe i guess i need a couple more washers) but to answer i have'nt loss a power due to it
Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM

omg.. you could die.. no seriously... you could die...

if that diff breaks that flimsy rear subframe plate YOU WILL DIE ... Keep the car off the road until you fix...

you have no idea how f...ing dangerous your situation is

martin
Old 08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
speed cat

what do you mean subframe plate? the welded one where they weld the nut in the center of the subframe the weld a plate on teh bottom? Also explain what might happen if it breaks. but some one please tell me if I will loos noticible power if it is not bolted up tightly. Im not sure if it will like not be inline with the drive shaft and tranny and or cause stress of the gears of diff or tranny but I want to know if it will cause loss of power, not by assumption but by some one knowinf from simmilar experience. thanks for the info tho guys.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:47 PM

what will happen is that where the rear of the diff mounts with the smaller 4 bolts, will break off the back cover, your diff will fall out and most likely lock and releas your axles randomly.. send you into a spin at road speed and you will have absolutely no control over into what you will crash into...

i have locked up diffs before becuase of overheat / too much power, and it is a very scary ride.

the loss of power is becaue a j30 is a 3.90 vs 4.08 which you had... and probably the horrible driveshaft angle as well..

martin
Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
SAL-T

wise words from martin. yea wouldnt be to worried about power loss if the diff drops out and your car starts doing barrels rolls and back flips.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:25 PM
i love girls

Yeah its the gear ratio that makes it feel slow.

Jst4shw store: HID's-LED's-LUGNUT's-STICKER's-JDM GOODIES's

Like us on facebook
Old 08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
kings cannot fall.

Originally Posted by 180SX
omg.. you could die.. no seriously... you could die...

if that diff breaks that flimsy rear subframe plate YOU WILL DIE ... Keep the car off the road until you fix...

you have no idea how f...ing dangerous your situation is

martin
we couldnt possibly get that lucky.
stupidity is eternal.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Electronicals master ;P

OMG yet another priceless thread from the thunder cat

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 08-30-2009, 08:47 PM
no

epic lol

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.