Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Clutch Pedal Extremely Soft?? Help?

Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Will sleep for food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Extremely Soft?? Help?

While driving home my clutch suddenly became extremely lightweight. Some info on the car is:

Spec Stage 3
Lightweight Spec Flywheel
OEM Slave and Master
KA24DE

The clutch is about 3 months old and broken in properly. Suddenly when I was coming up to a light it went completely soft. If you guys have driven a Stage 3 its pretty stiff (for me at least) so it was a complete difference. Also the car starts up fine, does not grind or have trouble shifting even after this but pressure is gone and the disengagement point is completely different.

Help as this is my only car and have to work and school tomorrow!!
Thanks to all!

UPDATE: Changed the slave today and bled through 1 1/2 bottles of fluid. Still no improvement. Can the clutch master cause this? As I did not change that yet.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:50 PM

shit. sounds like the same exact situation that happened to me a few weeks ago. i also just put in a new clutch, pressure plate and TOB. properly broken in etc. etc. my pedal did the same thing. i was coming up to a stop sign, pushed in the clutch, and it went soft with a really weird engagement point. i changed the slave and the clutch master thinking it was it. nope. as i was bleeding all of the new parts, i found out that the clutch fork had broke, along with the pivot bearing. so that could possibly be it. but check underneath the dash on the firewall to see if there is any fluid leaking. if there is fluid, its probably your master.

Last edited by OneCleanS14; 08-30-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Will sleep for food.

Will do. I just hope its not the clutch.

EDIT: Did your change gears normally with the broken clutch fork? Mine drives fine its just the pedal went super soft for a 6 puck.

Last edited by chome; 08-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by chome
Will do. I just hope its not the clutch.

EDIT: Did your change gears normally with the broken clutch fork? Mine drives fine its just the pedal went super soft for a 6 puck.
yes. the car started up fine, shifted fine, (no grinding of the gears or anything,) and it drove fine. but the pedal was extremely soft and it had a really weird engagement point.

but when you get a chance, go under your car, unbolt the slave, and wiggle around the clutch fork. you'll be able to tell if its broken or not. and notice the travel of the fork and see if its normal. i also took of that little rubber piece that goes around the fork, took a flashlight and shined it into the tranny and i could see that something was definately broken. thats when later on that day i found out it was the fork adn the pivot bearing.. hope some of this helps.

EDIT: also i did have a very small leak from the master but that wasnt the problem. so check the fork travel and the master.

Last edited by OneCleanS14; 08-30-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Will sleep for food.

Just did my slave and the fork travel seemed to be perfectly fine. I wish check my master next, and if that's not it I will pop my slave off again.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Electronicals master ;P

master would be my guess if everything else is new/no broken.

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 08-31-2009, 06:58 AM
no

^ lolsig

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 AM
buildin' it

it could be the master, but I'm not thinking so... I would bet that something mechanical is busted... like the fork, or the pivot, or the clips on the throwout... something like that...
If you don't find any leaks on the master, then I would suggest pulling the tranny off and really see what is going on... Kinda hard to tell the condition of the shifting assembly inside a closed up bell housing...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 AM
Formerly IThaJokaI

^ I was going to say he same thing, this sounds like a mechanical issue. Have you had someone push the clutch pedal and watch the slave move? To see if it extends fully like it should.

If it does, then I would drop the trans and start looking around.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Has dyslexia and A.D.D

Real quick, Do you still have the clutch damper on there?

Originally Posted by osama tim laden
you sound upset.
not enough time starring into the mirror telling yourself how awesome you are today?