Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Oil pan blow threw? help

Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 AM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pan blow threw? help

I do not have the vent connected to my air intake on the valve cover. oil is blowing threw my oil pan onto the ground, and Iw as wondering if hooking up the line to my air intake would help prevent some if not most of this. i thought I read somewhere that having the line hooked up helps pull pressure from the case up into the air intake. thanks guys.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Retired

If you have an oil pan leak. You need to fix it. Yes, lowering the crankcase pressure will help slight leaks (like weeping valve cover gaskets), but is not going to do anything for oil coming out the bottom. Plus, most crankcase vacuum is generated at the PCV valve and not the intake hose.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Negative
Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 AM
speed cat

could something be wrong with the PCV valve. I have replaced the oil pan gasket many times on my oil pan with solid gasket and liquid ruber gasket and It pisses oil threw no matter how well I have sealed it.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Speed cat
could something be wrong with the PCV valve. I have replaced the oil pan gasket many times on my oil pan with solid gasket and liquid ruber gasket and It pisses oil threw no matter how well I have sealed it.
Try a different oil pan because yours might be warped and when you install the new pan and gasket they should be hand tight "snug" not 1,000 lbs causing the gasket to be forced out and therefor ruining the new gasket

i have three for sale if you are interested
Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 PM
buildin' it

^ yeah, i would have to agree...
if the pan is tweaked, then it won't seal right...

have you tried gasket maker/rtv?
I don't use oil pan gaskets, I've only ever used copper rtv and I've never had any problems... just don't go too over board with it..
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 PM
buildin' it

also, do you know for sure that it is coming from the oil pan and not somewhere else.. say, the front main seal.. or front cover..