Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Electical weird question (s13) w/sr

Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electical weird question (s13) w/sr

Ok so I'm on my way to work this morning and all of a sudden everything shuts off, guages all drop to 0, etc, etc but the car keeps running and driving. So anyways I get to work and windows wont go up, seat belts dont work, headlights wont go down. Anyways so obviously he 75 amp fuse was blown. So I always keep extra fuses in the car so I throw another 75 amp fuse in and it immediately blows so obviously something is grounded. So I get off work and my buddys help me push start it and it starts right up. On my turbo timer voltage is super low like around 11, probably due to their being a lack of a 75amp fuse so the alternator isnt gonna work right (I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong). So anyways I'ma start pulling the harnesses out and going through them which now brings me to my real question.... since car runs the problem should be in either the lower harness or the chassis harness correct? God I hate grimlins.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:33 AM

When this exact same thing happened to my work van it was the alternator going bad.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

really dont think its the alternator because it has given me 0 problems and does it when the car is off.. maybe I'll try and unplug the alternator and see what happens