Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Asking for input from *ALL* members

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asking for input from *ALL* members

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...rules-faq.html

Take a look at the FAQ, if you guys think something should be added, feel free to post it up in here. Myself (or epstein) will add it (your post) to the FAQ if its deemed useful, so make it nice. Not looking for JUST tech related stuffs, but just general things as well. A list of pertinent nissan sites for threads and such would help as well.

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Last edited by shinmei2006; 03-05-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Not to hate. Those are some pretty cool cars... But maybe you should put stock cars up instead of crazy modded body kitted out ones. For the North American 240sx coupe you put a Silvia faced coupe. That's bound to confuse some of the newbs that post on TR...
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
(OO\____/OO)

what might also help with some of the SR guys with bad trannys is the KA>SR tranny conversion.... people seem to ask well over $200 for a SR tranny when they can just go buy a KA trans for like $50-$75 and do the conversion.... i've done it myself, and it works perfect, if interested in adding it to the list, PM me and i'll do a little write up, as it's really quite simple.... unless it's already been added and i didn't see it

lmk!

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by NeedCAforS13
Not to hate. Those are some pretty cool cars... But maybe you should put stock cars up instead of crazy modded body kitted out ones. For the North American 240sx coupe you put a Silvia faced coupe. That's bound to confuse some of the newbs that post on TR...
it was copied direct from some forum lol..i didnt choose that. but i'll go change em now.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

PM'd you a useful link for Skyline Brake upgrade specs .
Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

can you see this link frank? i think I made it unprivate...

stock pics pictures by SOlsenA6 - Photobucket

there's a good mix of stock nissan photos.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM

^ sweet thanks. will add those now. Burgy if you want to post up something here (in your own words or what not) i will move the posts over to the sticky thread so you guys can get "credit" for it.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Retired

I've got a 1993 240sx dealer brochure I should scan.

I lol'd at the OP on that thread. No one here even remembers Enthalpy! haha
Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
TR OG

Originally Posted by Blackzenki82
what might also help with some of the SR guys with bad trannys is the KA>SR tranny conversion.... people seem to ask well over $200 for a SR tranny when they can just go buy a KA trans for like $50-$75 and do the conversion.... i've done it myself, and it works perfect, if interested in adding it to the list, PM me and i'll do a little write up, as it's really quite simple.... unless it's already been added and i didn't see it

lmk!
oh i like that

Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
(OO\____/OO)

Default KA to SR transmission conversion

KA to SR transmission conversion by Mashall H. AKA Blackzenki82

Broken SR tranny? too many misshifts on your mad tyte doriftos? something grinding your gears? OH NOES, time for a new SR tranny.... or is it?

SR trannys are getting quite expensive these days, upwards of $200.. what if you could use a KADE tranny on your SR that you could pick up for the cheaper price of around $75? would you do it?

here i'll give loose instructions on how to convert your cheap-o KA tranny, to replace your broken, grinding SR tranny....

remove exhaust at your own discretion, i found it easier to remove just the down pipe and test pipe...

1. first, remove your drive shaft by unbolting the rear driveshaft from the differential, there'll be four 14mm bolts, remove those and move on to the center bushing and drive shaft loop. Unbolt the center bearing (17mm bolts), and the loop, and ease your drive shaft out, and out from under the car.

2. now you want to unbolt your tranny cross member, 17mm bolts as well... At this point, your tranny will drop, and your whole motor will rock back on the mounts. You should be able to access all 14mm bolts that hold your tranny to the block. before unbolting, remove your clutch slave my unbolting the two 14mm bolts and hang it to the side, then procede to unbolt the 14mm bolts that hold your SR tranny to the motor. once all bolts are out, use a small pry bar and easy your tranny off the motor... be carefull at this point as the transmission is very heavy, and will get away from you, i suggest using a floor jack to ease removal...

3. the tranny should now be out, and look like this...

at this point you need to remove your throwout bearing, and shift fork pictured here, and unbolt the 12mm bolts from the inner cover..

here comes the tricky part, you'll need some snap ring pliers and some C clip removal tools of your choice, as this is the hardest thing about this conversion... after you get the plate, all C and snap rings off, it should look like this....

4. you will at this point want to remove the 12mm bolts that hold the bell housing and gear box to the sandwhich plate. the small bolts should be on the gear box side of the sandwhich plate
kinda hard to see, but they're to the rear 12mm bolts...

5. now, you want to leave the gears in the gear box, ONLY REMOVE THE BELLHOUSING, NOT THE SANDWHICH PLATE. you have to work it off, as it's on pretty good, i used small prybars to pry it away... when removed, it should look like this....

now take your busted ass SR gear box and throw it in the leaves and shit...

6. at this point, you want to take the SR bell housing and put it on the KA gear box, use the KA sandwhich plate as well, make sure you RTV both sides of the plate to reduce gear oil leakage, that shit smells, when finished, it should look like this...

after this, installation of the SR bellhousing is as simple as it was taking it off... just mae sure NOT TO MOVE THE THREE GEAR SELECTORS... it will cause you not to have all your gears, once you complete the bell housing install, before anything else, make sure your tranny goes in all 6 gears, if it doesn't, you moved one of those rods, and need to remove the bellhousing and pull them out to be at the same height... also, when putting the plate back over the input shaft, make sure to clean the mating surface and RTV it as gear oil will leak into the bellhousing if you don't...

finished product...

you can do something baller and paint that bitch, i chose floresnt pink FTMFW!!!

FINITO!!!!!

*i've got all kinds of write ups like this from the MASSIVE amount of work, and documentation, of all the work i've done, restoring and upgrading my S14, let me know what else you may be interested in, and i've probably done it*

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.

Last edited by Blackzenki82; 03-05-2009 at 02:57 PM.