Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Ignition switch problem - S13

Old 12-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition switch problem - S13

First off: Happy Holidays to everyone that posts in here regularly. I read a lot more than I post and appreciate the info and the laughs. Now on to my problem...

Today I need to get a boost to get my KA powered '93 hatch started. I didn't think anything strange was going on, just the usual inconvenience of owning a older car. But later when i went to start the car again the same thing happened. I was thinking that it could be a bad battery...or alternator...something of that sort. So, I did the quick, pull for negative connector off to see if the car still runs, alternator check and it did. The battery is less than a year old, but it might be the problem, but i really dont think so.
What has me stumped is this. the clock is not on, at all. when i key the ignition i can see that its lit just not showing the time. None of the red accessory lights come on in the lower right corner of the gauge cluster. Also, the seat belts do not go to their driving position.
I've searched some it seems like it has the potential to be an ignition relay. I'm asking your opinions because i don't want to go throwing around $$ I don't have for parts i don't need after getting a new ignition switch and finding that to not be the problem.

As always your assistance is greatly appreciated!!

-Royce
Old 12-30-2008, 04:33 PM
ΔxΔp ≥ h

Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Because race car…

Thanks for the diagram. That breaks it down nicely.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
BELOW M3

Do your windows go up and down? The fusible link for them is also for the seatbelts. Although I don't think that's the starting problem...
Old 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Because race car…

This would be the one time when i wish they were power i guess...lol. They are just crank up so i'm SOL. I'm concerned it might be a grounding issue and I know those can be an MF to trouble shoot. I apologize for expecting you all to read my mind too...It is a '93 hatch base model, KA powered with nothing special done to it.