Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR AC in S13

Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR AC in S13

Please help....it's HOT!!!! I have everything hooked up. The car runs and everything works except the A/C. The air works, but the compressor doesn't turn on.

According to this website: SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 and several other websites this is how to wire the A/C in. I copied the wiring diagram chart below.

I found the Blue/Green Striped wire from the KA, but can't find it coming from the SR ECU. Is there another wire I can use or another way of hooking up the A/C, so it'll work. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

I'm running an S14 SR in a 93 (S13).

Thanks.

SR Wire ColorKA Wire ColorFunctionBlack (may be more than 1)Black (may be more than 1)GroundBlue / Green StripeBlue / Green StripeAC SignalBlue / Black StripeBlue / Black StripeWater Temperature SignalOrangeOrangeIgnition StartYellow / Red StripeYellow / Red StripeTachometer SignalYellow / Green StripeYellow / Green StripeSpeedometer Signal

Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
kings cannot fall.

i just hooked the same wire off the body harness onto mine.
works, blows 38degrees.

i think the problem is that jdm cars are controlled off of the engine harness, american iff the body. so it will never work perfect, mine idles a little low, but still ok.

if it doesnt come on, with just the factory wire off the body harness, you ave another problem. system could be undercharged, or a short.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Thanks for replying.....So basically, bypass the ECU???? Is it a blue wire w/ a green stripe that I'm looking for???

I'm pretty sure that the wire is the only issue. It worked perfectly prior to the swap and nothing since then.....

Thanks again!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
kings cannot fall.

not really "bypass" just use it the same way it was before.

hook the same wire up to the compressor, and with a full charge of freon everything should work, if it doesnt, check freon level, and then check for short circuits.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Rotary Pirate

I just wired my wifes S13 sr into her S14. For someone who isn't well versed in wiring, it can be quite a challenge. Like most SR swaps you will have a low rough idle if you just wire in it like above because essentially you ECU isn't getting all the signals that the A/C is on and isn't bumping up the idle accordingly. You will also run into issues like the A/C not kicking off under the perameters it is supposed to, like WOT.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
kings cannot fall.

eh, who cares about all that.
it works.
idles rough? use your foot.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by boostin13b
I just wired my wifes S13 sr into her S14. For someone who isn't well versed in wiring, it can be quite a challenge. Like most SR swaps you will have a low rough idle if you just wire in it like above because essentially you ECU isn't getting all the signals that the A/C is on and isn't bumping up the idle accordingly. You will also run into issues like the A/C not kicking off under the perameters it is supposed to, like WOT.

How did you wire yours? Or should I take it to a shop speciallizing in SR swaps or will any AC place know how to fix?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Like the op, I searched and did not find any recommendations on good shops in the tampa area...
Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 AM
Rotary Pirate

Originally Posted by 1993240
How did you wire yours? Or should I take it to a shop speciallizing in SR swaps or will any AC place know how to fix?

Thanks!
The wiring in mine is different than yours since your running an S14 in an S13. I'll PM you my number and I might be able to take a look at it in the near future. I am a Nissan master at a local dealership and do SR swaps fairly frequently. There is a lot more to A/C than most people think and just hooking up wires to make the compressor come on isn't the best Idea. Without the proper safety cutoffs and valves working properly you can really do some damage. It may be rare, but if you pressure skyrockets do to a stuck valve or something, there is a relief valve on your compressor that may let loose covering everything. R134a is pretty flamable and if you have an open wastegate like on my wifes car right behind that relief valve, you can create a moving flamethrower or worse. Even the heat of the manifold can possibly ignite the refrigerant.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Shoe Whore

Originally Posted by paul kersey
eh, who cares about all that.
it works.
idles rough? use your foot.
LOL Tim I love you. LOL