Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Orginal 1983 280ZX T-top Turbo

Old 06-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orginal 1983 280ZX T-top Turbo

Ello ladies and gents, just thought I would let you know of an amazingly rare automobile that I have seen for sale. It is beautiful low millage car with a electronic dash, as well as many other options that make it a collectors item. All I ask is if you like the car enough to buy it, and I'm sure you will, say that you heard about this car from Recardo; which I only ask because of circumstances beyond my control I have not been able to work and stand to make $100 on the sale(I like to eat don't you lol)and secondly call Chuck at (727) 490-3301, because I made the $100 arrangement with him.

You can get more information on the car here as well as see photographs, but it looks better in person, if you are anywhere in the St. Petersburg area I highly recommend you stop by and check her out.

LOR Motor Cars Specials
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM

thats a very very very pristine car...

dont know bout the price

personally id pay 8-9k for a 240Z in that good of condition...but i'd say 4-5k is more along the lines of what i would say that 280 is worth (in my opinion)

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Old 06-03-2008, 02:35 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

I know this car, it is mint. I also know how much the previous owner paid for it.

Posted pictures of it a while ago.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
fails.....

that dash is sick
I'm gonna have that in my car when it is all said and done
Old 06-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Price of a Z

Originally Posted by Shinmei2006
thats a very very very pristine car...

dont know bout the price

personally id pay 8-9k for a 240Z in that good of condition...but i'd say 4-5k is more along the lines of what i would say that 280 is worth (in my opinion)
Thanks for the kind words as to her condition, but as to price, I don't know, personally I don't see 1st and 2nd gens on the road let alone original turbo cars. Between the color combination of the interior and exterior, the leather seats, can't remember ever seen a 280 with those either, and the digital dash which I didn't know was even available on them until I saw that car. I even did some digging to see if that was something that Datsun even offered back then. Also while I do love 1st gens during my digging I would out that ", the drag coefficient was reduced from 0.467 to 0.385, and the lift coefficient from 0.41 to 0.14. The new design had a lower center-of-gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution in both 2-seater and 2+2 designs. The rear of the car was stretched to accommodate a larger 80 L (21.133 U.S. liquid gallons) fuel tank. Overall, the new body design gave better fuel economy and high-speed stability (one of the known issues from the first generation Z-car)."

Bottom line if you can tell me of a few similar cars that sold for less I'd be happy to get a loan and talk him down, seeing as if I had 9 grand I'd be updating my TR Garage.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 PM

with these cars tank size and drag coefficient are not really a big selling point lol.

the 240z is a classic and iconic nissan/datsun and imo looks alot better than the s130 so thats why id say itd be worth alot more.

the mint interior is a plus, but the seats being leather dont really mean much since most ppl would yank em out anyway lol.

and i dunno where you live but in tampa there are a bunch of s30s and s130s and then there is an entire lot full on nebraska and fletcher

Old 06-03-2008, 03:24 PM

with these cars tank size and drag coefficient are not really a big selling point lol.

the 240z is a classic and iconic nissan/datsun and imo looks alot better than the s130 so thats why id say itd be worth alot more.

the mint interior is a plus, but the seats being leather dont really mean much since most ppl would yank em out anyway lol.

and i dunno where you live but in tampa there are a bunch of s30s and s130s and then there is an entire lot full on nebraska and fletcher
Well I look at it like this. If you would be dumb/crazy enough to race an old Z no offense because I do like them, drag plays a big part as well as, you know, the whole my car thinks it's a plane and is trying to fly. And if you wanted something to collect I'd say this is it. Granted I live in the sticks but I recently moved here from N.Y.C. and even up there theses are stop and stare rare turbo or not, and like I said I've never seen one with the leather seats, so to me this is a very very very nice car like you said and very rare. I think I'll be taking a ride out to Tampa soon however.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM

dude if you saw the blue ls1 240z that rolls around here you'd realize that 9k can get you alot more than a mint s130 lol...

i say if you got enough money to buy this as a collector piece with the economy as it is then you have no worries about anything lol.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM

man i forgot ph34r was sellin his 79 for 1500

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...r-5-speed.html

Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 PM

dude if you saw the blue ls1 240z that rolls around here you'd realize that 9k can get you alot more than a mint s130 lol...

i say if you got enough money to buy this as a collector piece with the economy as it is then you have no worries about anything lol.
*Clutches my wounded shoulder* You got me. I have weakness for blue S30's from Wangan Midnight, but I'd be scared to death to drive a Akuma Z like that.