Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

97 Altima question

Old 05-21-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Altima question

Ok so here's what happen my mom was on the way to my house when she pulled a Uturn and when she did so everything that was electrical except the headlights died. All interior blinkers, guages, windows, locks everything just died. I checked all interior fuses and everything was fine, my question is WTF could be wrong? Is there like a main relay somewhere I missed or what? I car is currently in my yard with the windows down and I'm afraid to drive it anywhere because the radiator fan doesn't come on either so I don't want a blown HG on top of the electrical issue. Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
fails.....

did the battery terminal/cable come loose?
I'm doubting you blew a relay, especially considering how new the car is... if it was another 5 to 7 years older, then ya, you might have...
I'm beting something just came loose...
the motor was still running so I doubt the alternator died...
start checking for loose plugs and connections... then we'll go from there....
Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Ok so I checked and can't find anything thats loose, I checked all the wires I could find and everything looks to be in place, I disconnected some of the plugs and tried to clean them out but nothing. Here's what's really weird I know that, The fuel pump, ignition, and headlights work but thats where it stops nothing else in the vehicle works it would run until it overheated if I wanted it to so I know the alternator is charging the battery but I don't know what else to look for. She's paying for a shop to look at it cause I really don't have the time to hunt down the issue so once I find out I'll post here so anyone who has looked will know. Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
fails.....

sorry i wasn't more help...
Hopefully it is something simple and cheap...
Old 05-22-2008, 05:52 PM

That's ok no big deal I'm hoping the same thing