Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Car studders wont go past 3 grand in 5th

Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 AM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car studders wont go past 3 grand in 5th

when I try to floor it, my car goes but studders like a little jerky like power is cutting in and out almost feels like clutch is slipping or like a fuel injector is spraying then not spraying then spraying then not spraying. I replaced the fuel rail so I have a feeling that its the clutch. Also It dosent want to go past 3 grand in fith gear and it takes FOREVER to get to four grand from 3. If I drive for a hour like this when I go to stop and accelerate again 1st threw 5th will bring me no where and I litterly accelerate at a snails pace. when I get off the interstate for some erason my car is fine again in 1st threw 4th but still I feel like an overall loss of performance and I can feel a little clutch movment from under the floor of my feet next to the tranny sometimes but not all the time when driving. Can a clutch simulate something like that? literaly feels like car wants to go but will jerk a little bit when florred like the cltuch is trying to grab but lets go and trys again ect like its slipping.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
kings cannot fall.

bad clutch would still rev to redline. just not go anywhere.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM

It sounds like it could be timing has jumped a tooth or so....
Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM

could it be the knock sensor?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
speed cat

I belive its the connection tothe o2 sensor. it got melted and corroded a bit by leaning on the exhasut manifold. So I must rewire the plug on the harness. I chopped one off of another s13 from the yard and will solder and rewire it to my harness tomorrow. Ill let you guys know if it worked. yea My knock sensor isnt hooked up. good point about the cluth

Last edited by Speed cat; 05-02-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
wat?

it's the knock sensor unless you added the resistor or w/e you have to do to eliminate it..(I dunno I think it's something like that...read something on NICO bout it).After I swapped KA's the shop didn't hook it up and it wouldn't rev past like 3 or 4 grand...sounded super loud too...

Last edited by SkunX; 05-02-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
kings cannot fall.

its definitely not the o2 sensor, that wouldnt cause any of those symptoms either.
knock sensor, maybe, i dont really think so.

with the limited description, im leaning towards maf.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
speed cat

k, heres a question tho. I have a dual over head cam swaped in my car. How do I figure out what type of 240sx my computer is from(s13/s14) so i can go get another maf and try it out. and wouldent the 02 sensor regulate fuel? if it is getting inaccuret readings from the sensor its going to cut fuel to my injectors threw my ecu's reading of weather im lean or rich so I think it might be over or under compensating with the lack of reading....I mean thats why the 02 sensor is their.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 AM

well do u have a friend with a air/fuel gauge? if so borrow hook it up ..go for a drive...mite help!? lol. def no clutch tho. post up when you figure out what it is...good problem to know about.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:30 AM
kings cannot fall.

it isnt the o2 sensor. 100%.
air fuel guage wont tell you shit. definitely not a narrow band one anyway.
unplug the sensor. i guarentee it wont run any differently.

if your car is an s13 and has a ka24de in it, it should be using an s13 maf and ecu. or nothing else would work. not well at least.

get a multimeter, and check the maf.
find the readings and check that.

also, that isnt how an o2 sensor works. it wont tell the computer to cut fuel.
its last in line as a monitor only.