Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Help Please!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please!

i need a black top s13 sr ecu for about ten min to see if mine is bad..

i floored it the other day and all of a sudden at about 6 k the car lost all power and sounded like it had a huge cam in it. no pops or smoke or anything. it happened about a block away from my house so i limped it home and shut it off.

ive replaced the injectors, maf, pulled apart the harness and still cant find why only one injector, #3, will not spray. if the car is idling and i up plug number 3 it continues to sound cammed and no change in idle. if i unplug any other one the car will sputter then stall.

im really in a bad spot right now and i need to find the problem soon so i can get the car running again.

oh and if you have any ideas about what the problem may be lmk. i know it also could be the CAS but i'll try that after the ecu.

thankyou again whoever comes over i will pay their gas and they can hang out while i do all the work just please pm me if you have one.. thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
RacingInnovations.net

I'm not sure if I can help but why an ECU what happened to yours. Asking because if you blew yours somehow people may not be inclined to loan there ECU in fear of having the same fate as you.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:09 PM

cuz my buddies ecu got wet from the water flinging off the tire and into the car and it did the same exact thing that mine is doing now.. well in the sense of how it idoled.. i just wanna eliminate all possibilities
Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Army Infantry

he would only use it to start the car and if it starts and idles normal then he'd shut it down and take out the ecu. thats what i would do. if you dont floor it or drive it for any length of time it shouldnt blow