Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

PShull727 sold me a crap tranny

Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PShull727 sold me a crap tranny

Ok so here's the deal. I bought an automatic transmission from PShull727 on this board. He told me that it had been rebuilt w/ 20k miles on it. He also told me it was an s14 tranny. I gave him 50 dollars. Seemed like a cool, trustworthy guy.

I went to put it into my 240 on Sunday. Turns out it's an s13 tranny. Ok fine whatever, I swapped bellhousings because of the tps sensor on the top of the bellhousing and got it all installed. Whatever no big deal.

I get it running and go to test drive it the bitch slips like fucking CRAZY in all gears! Barely enough to get me home. WTF?! So I call him and tell him. He swears up and down that the transmission worked and it had been pulled out of the car 3 days prior to my picking it up. If it worked 3 days before, it should work when I put it in. I'm not stupid, i've been around the block with installing transmissions and I didn't fuck up the installation of it.

I called him to tell him I want my 50 dollars back for working on my car for 6 hours for nothing. He swore up and down that it worked but said he'd pay me back on friday. We'll see if he actually come through on that.

If he does, then he's a stand up guy and I respect him 100%. If he doesn't, then he's like the rest of the douchebags on this website. However I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt I'm hoping he'll pay me back. I will update you all on what he does with the situation. The ball is in his hands right now.

RIP Jason Harrill 6-12-06: Died doing what he loved

Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Unkown Member

Hmmm, that would be nice to know how it goes seeing he has quite a few things for sale.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
February - Ride of the Month

...this is Nissan for sale. . . . (not nissan tech) but I guess..whatever a mod thinks..?

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
ZAP yo dumb ass!!!!

It pertains to me buying shit?

RIP Jason Harrill 6-12-06: Died doing what he loved

Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

To be perfectly honest, you get what you pay for. Consider yourself blessed that you only blew 50 bucks on a bum transmission. At the transmission shop I worked at, I saw people who blew a lot more than that on transmissions they had no clue about.

The moral for your story is to either rebuild the transmission yourself (they're not too hard to do with some practice) or take it to a professional who does it for a living. Don't EVER trust someone's word on a used automatic unless you know them very well and have been in the car with said used transmission.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
^^^I'm with stupid

you paid for an AUTO tranny? i thought everyone just threw them away......
Old 01-21-2008, 05:35 PM
FORE:sight

Check the Oil Filter.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

If you need one i will be doing an auto to man swap in my s13 soon(2weeks ish). The tranny shifts good overall but it is alittle soft in the 1-2 shift which is common.

I think it may need a pan gasket also, But it would get you around/
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Electronicals master ;P

i sold the guy my auto motor and tranny and he complained about gettting the autp tranny with it lol!

he was a really cool guy though in my transation with him, showed up on time and payed with no problems...

hope it all works out for you buddy

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM

ok dude i was told the trans was rebuild from the guy i got it from so i told you thats what i was told .Do you even do anything to the trans when you add new fuild you should always change the fiter if you did not do the lil things like that how is that on me i got the trans from someone on here and it worked in he car so i dont know what to tell you.I have got stuff from ppl on here that was messed up and i did not ask for my money back then you post this im not here to f**k ppl over but when you make me look bad y should i help you look at my tr rating.I would have give you the money back but seeing as your making me look bad y should I.