Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

what MSD system to retard timing?

Old 11-25-2007, 05:43 PM
speed cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what MSD system to retard timing?

Hey, I was just wondering what MSd system I should get to delay retard my timing. theres so many diffrent systems Im not sure what to get. Im about to get my ECU tuned and need to know what system Im going to need to use to retard timing. thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM

If your getting the ecu tuned, why would you need something else to retard your timing? wouldn't the ecu be tune to retard it self? Also why would you need to retard your timing? Werent you talking about going NA or somthing?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 AM
240LSX

Rom Tune is all you need.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
speed cat

I didn't know if the tune would retard it its self. im not that familiar with the timing aspect of tunes. also I was asking about input in a erlier thread about NA and I had 2 build, turbo and NA I was wanting to go NA because I love the idea of instant throttle response but It was stated by a couple people that it isn't worth the money and they have tried it before without thrill. so I'm going to do my turbo rout in time instead. timing is something I need to readm more into when getting into higher hp numbers and engine saftey.