Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Where to hook up the chain to remove a SR engine?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to hook up the chain to remove a SR engine?

Picked up a engine hoist tonight to pull a SR out of a car. I looked at a few "How to install a SR engine" but they do not go into detail on how to hook the chain to the engine. So my question is: Whats the proper way to attach the hoist chain to the head properly, and lift the engine/transmission up off the ground?
Thanks.....
Old 06-29-2007, 10:16 PM

fuel rail and egr tube.
jk

intake manifold away from the fuel rail and turbo manifold anywhere really. just look at it and use common sense. cover your valve cover and put some cushioning where the chains meet the valve cover..

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE FORSALE.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3952387467.html

For sale: tool cart, air tools, welding stuff, sata jet RP digital spray gun + more
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/3952277623.html
Old 06-30-2007, 04:46 AM

I guess I will have to find an SR manifold because this engine that I have does not have an exhaust manifold on it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 AM
February - Ride of the Month

Intake manifold and... well the exhaust side was the other one... get straps instead of chains and you'd probably have an easier time. We used straps to put mine in/take it out
good luck anyway.

^ lol hoist it by the fuel rail rotfl

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 06-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Retired

You guys laugh, but I've seen motorsets with bent fuel rails because that's where they strapped it.

If you're missing a manifold, just chain to the motor mount bracket on that side. That's how I hoisted a motor with no head on it.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
i can has 30r plz?

i just wraped a chain around mine and bolted it on the top in a loop and hooked the loop to the hook on the engine hoist it has worked everytime and keeps the chain out of the way and the motor really balanced i wont do it another way.