Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

SR Problem need thoughts

Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SR Problem need thoughts

its a s13 sr with a t28 and hks wastegate on it. i have had the sr in the car for just over 3 thousand miles now and its alwats ran pretty strong ok so hears the problem first of all when i start it up its idles a little ruff, but not horible. then when i go to drive it it is only getting about 3 lbs of boost.
when i pop the hood and unscrew the oil capp there is smoke comming out of the hole. I pulled of the turbo to check the turbo there is no/very very little shaft play anf no oil on the exaughst side. i put the turbo back on. and its doing the same thing.
Any thoughts are helpfull
It was to late last night to work on it anymore. one thing my dad mentioned was possibly the head gasket and a friend said maybe a injector o-ring what are your thoughts about that?
sorry for horrible grammer im at school trying to type this fast
Thanks for any help
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Electronicals master ;P

i dont see why the injector would affect your boost tho... but i dont know bro... good luck

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 AM

yea...me either just a thought some people on floridadrift are saying piston rings what do you guys think?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Will Drift For Tires

if youre only getting 3 lbs that means your boost gauge is reading that before the motor, do its most likely nothing to do with the motor itself.

one thing could be the wastegate. its may be opening too much. that could be a spring problem, or you dont have the pressure source for it correctly hooked up.

also, where do you have your valve cover vent hooked up to?