Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

HELP bleeding clutch lines

Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP bleeding clutch lines

Ok so i lost all pressure in the Clutch this weekend, and since i am trying to sell the car in good working order i decided to replace both the slave and master clutch cylinders. with the old ones on, the car would keep pressure for only a few minutes because there was a hole in the slave boot.

Anyways, i replaced them both today, but i cannot get any pressure in this thing to save my life. i tried and tried and tried but have failed in all aspects... if there is anyone willing to come and help me bleed this clutch line successfully, ill give you $20....

Some one help me!!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM

nice, i just had this problem with my car. heres a list of things to do.

1. check and make sure the master has a locking bolt on it, the reason cause when you pump the clutch ill lock it so no air get in.

2. pump at least 10-15 times than bleed it, it should build up pressure, and make sure you do it fast.

3. check the lines and make sure no air is gettin in it, if so replace it

4. bring it to a mechanic

so there could be a few things wrong with it, you just have to mess with it for a while
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

if this is for a 240sx.

Run the hardline from the master directly to the soft line in the slave, removing fromt he loop the clutch dampner, which is a tremendous bitch to bleed. This dampner will foil your plans and spit in your soup. The hardline will bend with the proper ammount of pressure, just take caution not to kink it. the hardline fitting will screw into the soft line off the slave with no modification.

Then bleed as normal, it does help if you have a second person to watch fluid and pump pedal for you, but it cant be done with just one.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 PM

thanks for all the info guys, ill def. keep u updated, hopefully i can get this thing workin
Old 03-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

Itsa pain if the dampner is there, get rid of it!

Keep us updated.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM

oh and if it is a 240, and your in tampa area, go to this place called z-docs on nebraska and flecher. good ass place to go, they deal mainly with nissans. and if you dont, i have no other idea
Old 03-24-2007, 08:26 AM

took out the loop and BAM! got all pressure back! thanks guys!