Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

help, help...No spark

Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, help...No spark

Just alittle about the car- S13 de, built KA bottom end, new coil, new water pump, pretty much new everything (plugs, wires, ect.), and even new fuel cap. I just got it running, im 100 miles into it. Its been driving perfect, till yesterday. I parked at a store went in, came out, it started and before it can stop at 700 to idle and just died...and wouldnt restart. Its cranks find. At first i thought it was the coil so i changed it along with plugs. It did do somthing simular, i was putting in gas and went to start it it did the same thing but it would start up and all i had to do was rev it alittle so i change the fuel cap. I checked all the fuses and there ok . I checked all the connection and its good. I can see fuel on the spark plugs so its geting fuel. I can here the fuel pump come on. I almost 100 percent sure im getting air since there are no holes in the block and it sounds ok. Im stumped, sorry for the long post but wanted to give you guys as much info as i can. Thanks in advance for your help...

Knightdrifter
Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 AM

O yea, the way i checked for spark is with a timing gun, i hooked it up to the coil wired and from what i did there is no power going through the coil wire. Hooked it up to the others wires too still nothing. I have also searched everywhere, and cant find the problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Has anybody ever run into a problem like this?