Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Wiring diagram for SR20DET into 97 Nissan Sentra

Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 PM
NismoChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wiring diagram for SR20DET into 97 Nissan Sentra

Anyone know of or have a wiring diagram that shows exactly what goes where (wiring related) to put an automatic silver top sr20det engine into a manual 97 nissan sentra gxe? I have everything I need (tranny, etc.), and have everything set up... I just need a little help with the wiring... can anyone help?

Please be nice...
Old 09-27-2006, 05:54 PM
They call me Harry

for one thing, get a manual transmission as the auto on that won't work/YOU DON'T WANT IT!

For another thing: Buy the b14 SR20 wiring harness. It's pretty much exactly what you need, then if you have the ECU that came with the motor, you need the EXACT type MAF specific to that motor, or get a b14 SR20 ecu and ship it to JWT to have programmed for a specific MAF and injector combo.

www.sr20forum.com has everything you need. Spend some time searching over there.
07 Mazdaspeed3
Old 09-27-2006, 06:06 PM
NismoChick

Thanks!! I have the wiring harness, ecu, computer and everything.. I also have the manual tranny... I have everything to make that engine work in my car....it all is still with the engine... I was just wondering if that computer works with my car since the sentra is a manual and the sr20 came out of an auto...
Was just looking for some eay pointers on wiring the wires from that wiring harness into the existing wires in the sentra.....??
Dumb question???..
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM

the thing about using the ecu which came w/ your sr20det (w10 avenir i presume) is that the ecu is obd I while your car is wired for obd II (and it's a totally different engine w/ different management). the EASIEST (not cheapest) way to do the swap would be a jwt reprogrammed ecu. this makes everything pretty much plug and play, but you may have to swap over to the b14 se-r harness anyways. as far as using the w10 harness i don't know if that would be a very easy thing to do because it's not going to be compatible with the chassis harnesses.
as far as using an auto ecu in a manual car, it's no problem. i run an auto bluebird ecu in my 5speed g20 and there are absolutely no ill effects. good luck with the swap.
-kenji
Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 AM
has whippled VTEC

Swing by the shop (address is in my sig.) and talk to Jay Whitley he owns FF SR's.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
NismoChick

Originally Posted by crash course84
the thing about using the ecu which came w/ your sr20det (w10 avenir i presume) is that the ecu is obd I while your car is wired for obd II (and it's a totally different engine w/ different management). the EASIEST (not cheapest) way to do the swap would be a jwt reprogrammed ecu. this makes everything pretty much plug and play, but you may have to swap over to the b14 se-r harness anyways. as far as using the w10 harness i don't know if that would be a very easy thing to do because it's not going to be compatible with the chassis harnesses.
as far as using an auto ecu in a manual car, it's no problem. i run an auto bluebird ecu in my 5speed g20 and there are absolutely no ill effects. good luck with the swap.
-kenji
Yes, it came out of the avenir... and my car is obd II. I never even thought about that... crap... guess if I try to go it too cheap, Im just making more work for myself.... sheesh...
Thanks for the info!!! I'll be going for it this weekend.. we'll see how it goes!!