Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

200sx will not start!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200sx will not start!!!!!!!

ok i have a 200sx and it will not start it turns over it has a new starter ,spark plugs, spark plug wires fuel filter cap and rotor and i cant get it to start i dont know what to do its a 96 200sx 5 speed
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first make sure all the connections from the harness are connected securely to the stuff you replaced.

next make sure the spark plugs wires are in the correct order both on the distributor cap and going to the correct cylinders. being it's naturally aspirated, the spark plug gap shouldn't matter too much so we'll skip that.

did you remove the distributor at all? if so, make sure it was installed correctly so that the timing is on. or make sure the rotor is installed correctly, although it should only fit on the distributor one way anyways...but check it.

make sure the fuel filter is installed the correct way (pertaining to flow), and if you removed the fuel lines make sure the feed goes to the correct part on the rail.

if you have time and space to do it, see if u can get some one to help you push start the car. put it in 1st gear, clutch in, and have someone push you, then pop the clutch out. if it starts that way, well. you have a new starter and it turns over maybe its faulty and isnt getting enough juice. maybe check the battery to see if its still good.

otherwise im not sure other than checking fuses and timing.