Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Problem Starting

Old 07-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Starting

Okay this is the problem..........
I tryed to start my s13 and NOTHING.....the starter clicks and thats it.
I changed out the starter and nothing
i changed the battery terminals and nothing
i checked all the wires going to it and there all lighting up.
the ground is good for all i know and the starter is going on when we hot wire the remote wire.
I have no idea what could be the problem.............
Just wondering if anyone would know before i take it somewhere!!!!

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

didjoo try to push start it.

too make sure somethings not seized.
otherwise it could be ghey ground and or broken flywheel?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

the car starts with a hotwire from the postive term. and the remote wire , and of course the key in the on postion. but thats it if it was a flywheel or something seizing it wouldnt start period.....IT ONLY STARTS WHNE YOU HOTWIRE THE REMOTE WIRE<
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

oh so when you post that the starter clicks and the car does NOTHING else (Like starting), you get one shot at a diag from the internet, take it to a shop get it fixed.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Sphincter Say's What?

Originally Posted by ph0tek
oh so when you post that the starter clicks and the car does NOTHING else (Like starting), you get one shot at a diag from the internet, take it to a shop get it fixed.
BUMP The problem is not solved. I believe he needs to trace to the relays near the battery. I believe they are E202 and E205 on the chassey harness diagram in the FSM
Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Baby Rhino

is your battarie located in the back? if so make sure you have the right size power wire, and make sure your battarie is the right size. at least that what my mecnanic told me i need to put a bigger power wire and bigger battarie. the battarie i am using is really only good for if i have a System and stuff.

hopefully this kinda helps
Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Resident User

buy a ford pickup (80s-early 90s) starter solenoid from an auto parts store
and wire it so it just bypasses your starter solenoid, and problem fixed

TR Stock Steering-Wheel Crew
Member #001

TR "Old Skool DA" crew
Member #01.8L
Originally Posted by rich4rdee
OH MY GOD NOT A DA
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Fuckelberry Hound

is it possible that you have a shitty positive wire going to the starter? like you are getting power to the solinoid and it`s kicking out but the cable may be corroded to the point where it`s not allowing enough juice to the starter. seen it before and would reason why you can start it with a bump button.
DILLIGAF?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Sphincter Say's What?

I dont think it is a issue of not enough power but more of a issue of th signal wire not having the signal when the key is turned.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 PM

Does the solenoid click when you turn it to "start"? (basically does the starter solenoid and starter motor work when you have it "hotwired") If it does, and the engine starts like you said - the nthe problem is in the relays between the ignition and the starter. You should have an -always hot- direct from the batter going to the starter motor, as well as a ground, and then a signal wire from the ignition going to the solenoid.

When the signal wire gets power (key to start), it will kick in the solenoid and let power go to the starter motor. When you let off the start position and the key returns to -run-, the solenoid kicks out, and disengages the starter motor. Just take it step by step and you'll figure out where the problem is.

Its a bit harder for you guys who have things like full interior and relays :-p Wiring a racecar (even though i don't have a running motor yet...) is SO much easier.