Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

swap a 13btt or 13bt into s13??

Old 06-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Sotoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question swap a 13btt or 13bt into s13??

Want to know if it's worth it??
Old 06-23-2006, 05:17 PM

i wouldn't. an sr swap would be easier, more reliable, cheaper and have more aftermarket support. turbo rotaries are very sensitive engines and if they aren't constantly monitored you could end up in trouble very easy. that's just my 2 cents.
-ken
Old 06-23-2006, 05:32 PM

yea i heard was talking to duane (LS1 in FD) and basically rotaries are not worth the investment hence his decision to go with an ls1
Old 06-23-2006, 05:58 PM
tranny breaker

Sure, if you like to pull engines every 5 minutes to rebuild them.
Step 1. Buy an SR swap it, blow it up.
Step 2. Pull it and build it.
Step 3. Reinstall it an beat the crap out of it.

Unless of course you have the money to build it to begin with. It will be much cheaper in the long run. Just make sure egt stays healthy and it will last.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:07 AM

i wouldn't go with a rotart, i know shaun from cfp is doing a 3sgte, now thats a worth while swap

Steve
Old 06-24-2006, 07:40 AM
FAIL!

theres nothing wrong with rotarys... all you hafto do is make sure the "OPM"(Oil metering pump) works if it doesn't you'll hafto premix about 4oz of 2cycle per fill up of gas...also never never let it overheat!!! upgrade your clutch fan to a electric fan!!!

after that your good to go...to get the most out of your rotary think big exhaust real big...ang get ready for exhaust tickets...

you won't swap a 13b in a s13...you won't!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

wow look at all the rotary hate from people that have never owned one! heresay doesen't count. there reliable if you service them and your not a complete fucking retard.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:43 PM
tak
A to the K

Welcome to TampaRacing. Please ask a valid question so you can read through countless pages of bullshit, and never find one answer with any relevance to your original question.

You are all fucking retarded, and I hope you fucking choke on your own vomit in your sleep.

You should be more specific with your questions though. Worth is something that differs from person to person. The average person would say no, but the average person would probably not do any engine swaps in a car.

What are you trying to get out of the car? Rotaries are great engines, and have lots of potential, but like mentioned, can require more maintenence. Are you going for speed, handling, originality, workmanship showcase?

You will need custom motor mounts, and transmission mounts im sure. Custom driveshaft...yes but thats easy. You would probably need a standalone, wich can also cost money. Although I am sure a stock conversion harness can be made for a price.

If you are building a show car, or you are a shop trying to showcase your work, or you just really love rotaries. Then yes its probably worth it.

If you just want to skip the sr20 bandwagon, and live in moms apartment with no garage, or tools...then no, its probably not worth it.

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/for...1e78b820b85ba2

pics page 3

Old 06-25-2006, 04:57 PM
army pilot

I got my haterblockers on so I can't read you ^

lol dave why are you so mad lately?

Originally Posted by Tackleberry
thats an insult to a circus
Old 06-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

Originally Posted by tak
Welcome to TampaRacing. Please ask a valid question so you can read through countless pages of bullshit, and never find one answer with any relevance to your original question.

You are all fucking retarded, and I hope you fucking choke on your own vomit in your sleep.

You should be more specific with your questions though. Worth is something that differs from person to person. The average person would say no, but the average person would probably not do any engine swaps in a car.

What are you trying to get out of the car? Rotaries are great engines, and have lots of potential, but like mentioned, can require more maintenence. Are you going for speed, handling, originality, workmanship showcase?

You will need custom motor mounts, and transmission mounts im sure. Custom driveshaft...yes but thats easy. You would probably need a standalone, wich can also cost money. Although I am sure a stock conversion harness can be made for a price.

If you are building a show car, or you are a shop trying to showcase your work, or you just really love rotaries. Then yes its probably worth it.

If you just want to skip the sr20 bandwagon, and live in moms apartment with no garage, or tools...then no, its probably not worth it.

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/for...1e78b820b85ba2

pics page 3
uh.. exqueese me? sandy vagina what?