Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Help!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
My Balls Hurt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

ok i still cant find out why the fuck my car is cutting out.. more like its hitting the rev limiter... no matter what gear or what rpm when u get around 8-9psi+ it loses all power kinda like it hittin the rev limiter... no one can help me.. does anyone on here have any ideas.. anyone know anything i can look at...

my car is a 86 nissan 200sx turbo with ca18et. mods go, KA tb, ported intake manfold,ported exhaust, all egr removed, t25 turbo, 3in o2pipe, 3in downpipe, duel coil mod, 1 step colder plugs on the intake side(ngk 6s)(stock on the exhaust) both gaped at .25, aftermarked air filter, firebird v8 fan(no more clutch fan)...... im putting a bigger intercooler on tom.

i do have a boost guage..doesnt feel or show to be a boost leak.. i also have a a/f guage(no its not a wideband) but it shows to be rich(er) when it gos in gay power lose mode.. probly no good.. but ya...

i duno what it could be.. i tryed hookin a fuel gauge up today but its no good. but im sure i can find another one soon..

i wanna get this fix. or know how to fix it before i start buying parts i cant use on a motor swap(i plan on swaping a ca18det down the road)...

also if u ride the rpms out at 5-6-7psi it feels like the car is holdin back.. it pulls then stops then pulls then stops, and so on..does this no matter what gear..

i also have a hks wastegate that should be here sooner or later(waiting on the shop to get it).

so anyone got any ideas?.. anyone know sumone with a 86 turbo i can swap the maf and ecu to see if thats the problem....maybe a place i can take it to, to see why its doing this(sumwere with a dyno)

AIM- B16aTeggy

Last edited by B16aTeggy; 06-16-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Likes obscure cars

Wow I think I should self proclaim myself a s12 guru.
Ok ego aside, I fixed it... these ca motors run dual ignition coils for the 8 spark plugs, and though Jeff had them wired to fire both coils at the same time, appearently the second coil couldnt ignite the charge past 5-6 psi. we swapped the ignition wires and she seemed to run much better.

Jeff I was thinking your other coil might be on its way out too, you might want to get another for the exhaust side plugs.
Definitly get a new coil wire though... that thing was nasty.

I'm pretty supprised those other shops couldnt figure this out.

oh and I think you owe me some rep points for this!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Fuckelberry Hound

Originally Posted by Racer_Jim
I'm pretty supprised those other shops couldnt figure this out.
guess he didn`t take it to the right places
DILLIGAF?

Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 PM
My Balls Hurt

Originally Posted by gritt
guess he didn`t take it to the right places

not many nissan shops around here..

AIM- B16aTeggy