Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

methanol injection on SR's

Old 06-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Baby Rhino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default methanol injection on SR's

ok like the topic says who here has done it? I see the honda and DSM guys using it, but never hear anyone with a SR. would like to know some info if any.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Fuckelberry Hound

me and a few of my z31 buddies use it. i`m running 20 psi on a 9:1 compression motor with meth injection and FMIC. you can definatly tell the difference.
check here http://www.zrelated.com/alcohol.htm and here http://www.zrelated.com/alcohol2.htm he also did some temp comparisons with and without but don`t see them on the site. but basicly brought intake charge temp after the tb to around ambiant temp or below in some conditions. for around $100, it`s the best bang for you buck
DILLIGAF?

Old 06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
tgm

http://nissanperformancemag.com/march06/ask_sarah/
Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Baby Rhino

Cool guys yeah i am very intrested in maybe doing a setup for my car.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jubee
ok like the topic says who here has done it? I see the honda and DSM guys using it, but never hear anyone with a SR. would like to know some info if any.
Issue has to do with detonation and tuning capablities afforded.

If you cannot flash/program/tune your computer.. dont put a system on your car.

If your engine is not detonating.. dont put a system on your car.

And if you spray water in any mix into your motor, it will lose HP.

That link on the Aquamist stuff.. Sarah dont know shit.

True-Street trim
348, 88 t4 .96, pump gas
www.alkycontrol.com
Old 06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Fuckelberry Hound

Originally Posted by Razor
Issue has to do with detonation and tuning capablities afforded.

If you cannot flash/program/tune your computer.. dont put a system on your car.

If your engine is not detonating.. dont put a system on your car.

And if you spray water in any mix into your motor, it will lose HP.

That link on the Aquamist stuff.. Sarah dont know shit.

i don`t think that is all together accurate. even if you are not detonating, you can always get better results from a lower intake temp. using meth in a 50/50 mix with water will allow for higher boost without detonating. and as far as tuning for the injection, while you may be able to get more from the set up with a little tuning, it`s not required.

as far as losing hp with water injection, it`s not a new idea, and has been used very succesfully in racing applications.
DILLIGAF?

Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
240LSX

the cheaper mist kits dont get to all the cylinders evenly on our motors causing one cylinder to detonate. The alky guys have a good shop in st. pete. They can do direct port setup for the right amount of money that will work great but you would probably want an AEM EMS to manage the fuel. 109 unleaded FTW!!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Rotary Pirate

Saying meth/water injection doesn't do anything but lose horsepower is just ignorant.

Depending on what you want to get out of a meth or meth/water injection setup, you can go a few different ways. Depending on which direction she decides to go with the car we may be running meth soon on Stephanie's SR. Unfortunatly some racing sanctions either don't allow you to run it or will count it as a power adder.

I've been running meth and or meth/water kits on customers cars for years. 700+ hp supra's on stock fuel with meth injection and pump gas. Running straight meth has plenty of bennifits. It can act like a fuel system and or race gas. You can run more timing and greatly reduce detonation when you run meth. I usually install these on customers cars when they have a daily driver but don't want to have massive injectors that will hit your pocket book hard everytime you lay into the car. They can run on the stock fuel, hence keeping stock gas mileage. The amount of meth sprayed for the power I usually run isn't much compared to running larger injectors when you compare the cost of meth versus premium these days. Sometimes you can find meth cheaper.

I would recomend having a stand alone if your going to run straight meth though. This way you can adjust everything you want and need when it actually sprays. I usually add some timing and have to pull some fuel when it is sprayed depending on the power the customer wants, you can do that with a piggyback or stock ecu.

If your looking at just using it for a partial anti-det device, then you can run it with stock ecu or whatever with good results.

http://www.snowperformance.net/

^ snowperformance has some of the best kits available on the market. This is probably the way to go if your not going to have a stand alone to run it. Their kits can run off of boost pressure switches so you can set it to spray when you need it to. Check out the website, I think it will offer most of the answers to your questions.

If your going to run a stand alone, you can always piece together your own kit for cheap as someone posted above. Pretty much everyone uses the shureflo pumps, and the rest of the hardware is just basic npt or -AN your choice.