Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

New dyno numbers in!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dyno numbers in!!!

Well I ended up picking up a '97 240sx and doing an S14 SR20DET swap at XAT Racing. I got it on the dyno and at 15lbs she put down 303rwhp and 286rwtq. Not too shabby for a 2850lb car. Here's the dyno at 15 psi. Right after this we cranked it up to 17lbs and it did 317/288. Let me know what you guys think!

I gotta give it up to XAT for doing a kickass job on this car. I get so many complements on it driving around and most of the time I feel guilty cuz all I do is drive it! Casey and the guys at XAT are some of the most stand-up guys I've met and I'm proud to say that I'm somewhat associated with them. They bent over backwards for me when we had a few hickups with her right after the swap was done. Now I've got a rock solid, good looking car that I couldn't be more proud of. My only complaint with XAT(and Casey mainly) is the fact that I'm too poor and want more power! As he says "it's like crack man!" and now I'm trying to figure out which organ I can sell to do my next upgrade. Thanks to all the guys at XAT for makin this beast happen.

Mike
Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Retired

Who tuned your PFC? 300whp is certainly fun on the street! Just try to keep it pointed straight on those narrow tires.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:18 PM

Martin @ XAT did the tune on it. She's a beast on the street....I'm a little worried now.... FL rain + 300whp + no traction controll = Very slow and long car ride home from work!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

eh rains not bad. driving out of boost is easy, esp with your laggy .86 2540, ask john. i'd think your numbers would be a little higher, it should be around 380 at 19psi or so, and 17psi would be in the 360 area at least. but i figure you got stock cams, those probably arent the best for letting that turbo do its thing up top, but still a good curve nonetheless yay for clean koukis.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Alright, I've already started thinking about the next set of upgrades. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking some HKS 264's with some Ferrea springs and retainers, RAS. How much do you think I could pull this off for w/ labor and all?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:10 PM
240LSX

Originally Posted by Silver_Moss_S14
Alright, I've already started thinking about the next set of upgrades. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking some HKS 264's with some Ferrea springs and retainers, RAS. How much do you think I could pull this off for w/ labor and all?
You definitely need RAS, springs, and retainers. These mods allow you to rev to 8000 rpms and keep the torque curve more alive to the rev limiter. At this point in your setup a huge amount of power will be gained with cams and springs. Right now you make about 225 foot lbs of torque at 7000 rpms which gets you 300hp. With 264 step 2 cams you will open the head up top increasing your torque at high rpms which will probably get you about 250 foot lbs. of torque at 8000. Torque x RPM's \ 5252 = 380hp at the same boost. Dude your turbo is screaming for Martin to throw some cams in there for you. Congrats on your new numbers the car is nice man if I remember correctly it has perfect options a kouki with no sunroof, abs, and the sweet s14 silver. goodluck!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

as long as you keep the vtc.

i hear someone local just got their s14 head built and developed custom dual guided rockers, solid lifter, blah blah blah. hehehe.

if i were you id save the money for a solid lifter kit too. hks 256/2in, 264/2ex, sprockets, ferrea springs are good, or tomei, RAS.

the labor is gonna be decently big since unless they use the 'compressed air in the cylinder to keep the valves closed' trick, you'll be pullin the head to do this. but this gives you a chance to save up and have the head gasket and main studs upgraded while you're at it...then you're pretty much bulletproof (pending tuning) for big numbers.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 PM

I've already got the metal HG and some ARP headstuds. I was actually thinking about the solid lifter thing too after talking with Casey about a customers car that was getting some work done and he was going from 264's to 272's with solid lifters. What exactly do the solid lifters do for the head? Is it just for a security thing or are they better for higher revs or what?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DriftingDJ
Congrats on your new numbers the car is nice man if I remember correctly it has perfect options a kouki with no sunroof, abs, and the sweet s14 silver. goodluck!
Close....I actually have a sunroof in mine but no abs and definately that sweet KR5 Silver Moss!

Hmm...Now I need to start saving up for some cams, RAS, springs and retainers...DAMNIT! haha
Old 05-25-2006, 11:40 PM

Solid lifters replace your hydraulic ones, which is the main problem when reving high on stock SR's. The hydraulic lifters usually let loose at high rpm's. Mechanical ones or solid ones dont have that problem.