Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

smells like gas.....

Old 05-12-2006, 04:37 PM
BOOST IS BETTER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smells like gas.....

Any repetitive things that go wrong with s14's that cause a gas smell inside the car?? I mean the previous owner could have spilt some in the car, but its pretty strong sometimes...any ideas?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:40 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

gas is a strong smell to start with, even when i have changed fuel filters or disconnected lines in the bay, i have had smells inside the car (plus i have numerous grommets through the firewall that are fubard and let air and smells in like with the harness and my sending units for gauges).

could be running stupid rich, but if its stock it wouldnt be too noticable.

id say check the fuel lines for wet areas or leaks, also if you can get under the rear subframe while its on jackstands, there are short lengths of soft rubber line that go between the fuel pump and the hardlines. inspect the hardlines for leaks too i guess.

check your vacuum lines and vapor lines to the charcoal canister (95 models have it behidn the driver headlight), it might have tears in the lines or something.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:56 PM
I’m bored entertain me.

If you haven’t already, download the service manual.
http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/24/47/

Get the car up on jack stands and see if fuel is leaking around the tank.
Fold down the back seat and check the lines coming from the top of the tank and the tank itself. Every once in a while I hear about people having cracked fuel tanks (worse case scenario.)
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 AM
BOOST IS BETTER!

Thx!